Cannot determine paypal account status

pepo333
New Community Member

We have a marketplace website based on CS-CART, which has a module to integrate the marketplace with Paypal for adaptive payments (module developed by Simtech). For the primary merchant account, I set up an adaptive payments account with Paypal, linked a bank account and credit card and apparently this should be all good to go.

I plugged my Paypal credentials into the CS-CART module and then tried to verify a vendor paypal account. However, I get the error:

"Cannot determine Paypal Account Status"

The vendor account is also verified as far as I know - with a linked bank account and credit card. I don't even know if this error relates to my merchant account or the vendor account. I actually think it's the vendor account.

CS-CART always tell me to approach Paypal for a solution, so not much help there. I have called Paypal support multiple times but they never give me a straight answer. On this occasion, they redirected me to various support forums.

Any help in the right direction would be massively appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Justin
Hello,

There are two main causes for this issue.

1. The email address on the account your attempting to determine the verified status of is not confirmed.

2. Within the request your submitting to determine the verification status, the values for "first name" and "last name" need to be exactly as they are recorded on the account. If one letter is incorrect, this error will be returned.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

jesfc
New Community Member

I have this same issue currently - the vendor is definately verified by Paypal, and first name, last name and email address are all typed correctly. What else can I try?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.