Can't update Subscribe button to new format

SAZC
Contributor
Contributor

I've been unable to update the "Subscribe" button on our blog page (the "Donation" button is OK for some reason).

i tried to insert the code here, but got a message that some of it is not allowable. 

Can you help? 

Many thanks,

Laurie

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

MTS_Nacho

PayPal Standard Subscription buttons have not yet been upscaled to the new checkout interface, and our change this week won't affect them.

Login to Me Too

NSAU
Contributor
Contributor

I too have the same issue with subscribe buttons and buy now buttons.

It makes it hard for customers as they may subscribe to some items but purchase others and they get a completely different experience (and confused in the process, as the subscribe button uses the really old 'classic' checkout pages).

Is there any ETA on when the subscription buttons will be moved to the new format?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Nacho

We currently do not have ETA for upscaling the Subscription buttons interface to the newer one.

The only workaround at this moment is using Express Checkout Recurring Payments:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/integration-guide/ECRecurringPayments/

which will be rendered in the new payment page style.

Login to Me Too

NSAU
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the fast reply.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we tried to do this last time, we found a limitation with Express Checkout Recurring Payments where the customer was required to have a PayPal account (i.e. could not check out as a guest using just a credit card). Is this still the case?

Also understand there is no ETA around the subscription button getting moved to the new format, however is the plan for it to ever be updated? Or will it always remain on the 'classic' pages?

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Hi,

The recurring payments flow still requires a PayPal account, theres no guest checkout for that.

For the subscription, yes this is coming in the next few months. Once we know more we'll share as we'll need to do a comms drive similar to the other migration we did on March 29th. 

Login to Me Too

NSAU
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Was just wondering if there are any updates for upscaling the subscription process? 🙂

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

NSAU
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Ciaran wrote:

Hi,

The recurring payments flow still requires a PayPal account, theres no guest checkout for that.

For the subscription, yes this is coming in the next few months. Once we know more we'll share as we'll need to do a comms drive similar to the other migration we did on March 29th. 

Hello

Was just curious to know if this was still in the pipeline, or has been cancelled?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

So the move for subscription button was related to when the checkout flow for subscriptions would move to the new format, this is still in the pipeline. However users will still need to have a PayPal account to sign up. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.