Can't find button with error

AGSDMary
Contributor
Contributor

I received the email notice about integration issues on my website PayPal buttons.  So far, I've checked all the buttons and can't find any that have the error.  I didn't check my donation buttons yet - could it be one of those?  Otherwise, I  am stumped.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

@AGSDMary - I can see why you are getting the notification, there was a single case back on December 17th which meant that your account was put on the potentially impacted list, and as such we notified you. That case was caused by a bad amount value passed over to PayPal, e.g. "$" sign or a comma in the amount would trigger it. 

Now since it was a single case, and it hasnt happened again, I would think that it was truly a once off and communication by us was a case of being safe rather than sorry. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Did the email tell you specifically that you do have an issue with one or more of your buttons, or is it just the general notice about how you need to make sure your buttons are ready for the updates they are making?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

AGSDMary
Contributor
Contributor

The message said: "We’ve noticed that your integration has been passing either invalid or
incorrect data to PayPal from one or more of your payment buttons."  So, yes, I have an error somewhere.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Can you post a link to your website please and we can check it out for you.

Login to Me Too

AGSDMary
Contributor
Contributor

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

All I am seeing on your site is hosted buttons, which means if you had bad data in them it would have to be in the button setup within the PayPal account.

Do you have any pages with buttons that are not hosted buttons?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

@AGSDMary - I can see why you are getting the notification, there was a single case back on December 17th which meant that your account was put on the potentially impacted list, and as such we notified you. That case was caused by a bad amount value passed over to PayPal, e.g. "$" sign or a comma in the amount would trigger it. 

Now since it was a single case, and it hasnt happened again, I would think that it was truly a once off and communication by us was a case of being safe rather than sorry. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.