Can't Find Identity Token on new site

sbarnes123
New Community Member

I am looking for my identity token to add to my woocommerce store and can't find it on the new paypal website. Can any one direct me? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

emyeele
New Community Member

I finally found out the answer here: https://help.xyzscripts.com/docs/general/faq/how-can-i-generate-the-paypal-identity-token/

Everyone else wasn't really giving the right answer and it was driving me crazy also!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

eric37d
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone and every message says it appears after turning on PDT. It no longer does. Where is it?

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @eric37d@sbarnes123

Below are the steps to generate a PDT token and a troubleshooting tip: 

1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click the settings icon beside "Log Out" and select Profile and settings.

3. Click My selling tools.

4. Click Update near "Website preferences".

5. Select On under "Auto Return for Website Payments", and enter your Return URL below.

6. Select On under "Payment Data Transfer".

7. Click Save. You'll be redirected back to the main Profile page.

8. Click My selling tools, then click Update near Website Preferences.

9. Copy the identity token located under the Payment Data Transfer section.

Note: You'll need to pass this identity token along with the transaction token to us so you can receive confirmation that the payment is complete. For security purposes, we do not email you the identity token.

Troubleshooting tip: If the PDT token still doesn't display - turn off both Auto Return and PDT Token, then enable Auto Return first and save the PDT token second...

Please let me know if this works!

Thanks,

Christina 

Login to Me Too

hazza2018
New Community Member

Hi Christina,

I still cannot find the Identify token under the PDT token section

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @hazza2018

If you've followed the steps below and still are unable to find the Identity token I'd suggest submitting a ticket with our Technical Support to research why you are unable to see this. 

Thanks,

Christina 

Login to Me Too

jwrare
New Community Member

Christina,

I don't have a Profile and Setting link. Only the gear Icon. I can't attach images here - it's not working.

John

Login to Me Too

kensleylewis

As of May 26th, 2019, if you need a PayPal identity token (In my case, for WooCommerce), then follow these steps on the new PayPal site:

• On the top right, click the work-wheel icon next to to logout 
  • Scroll down until you see a line that says "Security key"
  • You will then see a "Manage Security Keys" page.  I think all the magic happens here.

Login to Me Too

Rbgeezy25
Contributor
Contributor

As of July 24, 2020, there is no "Security Key" available after having clicked on the gear icon next to logout.

Login to Me Too
Solved

emyeele
New Community Member

I finally found out the answer here: https://help.xyzscripts.com/docs/general/faq/how-can-i-generate-the-paypal-identity-token/

Everyone else wasn't really giving the right answer and it was driving me crazy also!

Login to Me Too

ar47productions
New Community Member

So very frustrating I'm doing the exact steps as everyone but I don't get the option to turn on PDT to generate my token .. I turn on the return url put in the site SAVE IT come back in and its triggered off why????? Can Somebody explain to me why?? Thank you in advance...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.