Can customers checkout with a cart total of $0.00

dsrt16
Contributor
Contributor

I am using the WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping cart plugin. Right now, my digital downloads are free with a coupon.

I went incognito and added items to the shopping cart, but when I click on checkout, I just get this message: PayPal Things don’t appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

It seems that users can only checkout if their cart total isn't $0.00. Yet, I have bought free digital downloads before. I have gone to pages and checked out with a $0.00 invoice balance. Not sure it was with Paypal--I don't remember. But is this a problem with my plugin? Will a different plugin do the trick or will PayPal not allow users to checkout with a $0.00 balance? I just don't want to find a different plugin and set that one all up, just to find out that the issue is PayPal. 

Again, I have purchased free products before and checked out successfully on other people's pages, so I know this is a thing that can't be done. But maybe just not with PayPal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.