Buy Now button not working with Android's Google chrome

Club-UTV
New Community Member
I have a store page on our website with 4 buy now buttons. The buttons work with Firefox and also with Google chrome on desktop PC. They do not however work on Android's version of Google chrome. Any suggestions?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

BLDann79
Contributor
Contributor

The first line of the PayPal button HTML code reads: target=”_top”. I changed the word “top” to “blank”. So the result is now: target=”_blank” and it works on all browsers, both desktop and mobile. I hope it works for you and your clients. 

Login to Me Too

ASavageMethod
New Community Member

WOW! How ridiculous is that. I created the same thing. It worked on my iPad for Chrome and Safari....but when it came to a Galaxy S7 and using Chrome on a Chromebook laptop, it did not work. Even used it on Samsung Internet browser with the Galaxy S7...still didn't work their either. So, saw this post and reply and I am glad I found your response because that 1 word change fixed everything for the code and on all devices. I said pretty ridiculous earlier about this because it is likely an issue for everyone and when you are creating that button their should at least be some helpful hints about this. Thank you again for taking the time to not only post about the issue but reply back when you corrected the issue to let everyone else know.

Login to Me Too

BLDann79
Contributor
Contributor
You are most welcome! It was such a frustration and sadly, the techs were clueless!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.