Buy Now button not working for some payers

FixItDik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my "customers" are members of our motorcycle club and are paying for their membership. I use the Checkout buttons and after some initial teething problems with formatting of phone numbers as I passed them in the CreateOrder data they appear to be working for most people. *BUT* some are still reporting problems and they tell me they are using the "Credit/Debit Card" option, filling in their card details (and mobile number) but when they click the "Buy Now" button (which should be "Pay Now" as I have set the "label" to "pay" in the order data which works for PayPal option but not for card, but hey ho) nothing happens!

I have put a message on the web page for people to contact me if they have problems and I am getting about 3 per day out of the 12 or so that try (and if I look at my logs I can see I am presenting the payment options to some people and they are not completing the payment but are also not contacting me, they simply try again a while later and about 50% of these people complete - so probably get distracted or have to go find their card details).

I am only a volunteer and I am already looking at moving over to Stripe (which would be a shame as PayPal users would not be able to pay using their PayPal account) - I know we don't do high volumes so PayPal will not be sweating about losing us but wondered if anyone else has the same problem (or had it and found the solution)?

If you need to see my code for this page I posted in another post here:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Payments-Standard/400-Bad-Request-when-button-pressed-hap...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

FixItDik
Contributor
Contributor

Bumping this back up as no one has replied but other people are raising the same issue - there is clearly a problem on the system and it has been going on for weeks - PLEASE CAND SOMEONE FROM PAYPAL HELP? @not_here, tagging you as you appear to have an inside line as moderator, apologies if this is impolite.

Login to Me Too

not_here

Apologies for the delay, @FixItDik. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'll see what I can do to track down answers. 

Login to Me Too

FixItDik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @not_here ,

thanks for responding. At the moment the problem has improved and I have only had it reported to me once over the weekend. If you need details of the specific order then please do let me know but as you can imagine this is very frustrating so anything I can do to help find a solution please do let me know

Regards

Dik

Login to Me Too

not_here

@FixItDik Definitely understand the frustration.

The best path to troubleshooting would be to submit a technical support request with our Merchant Technical Support team. When you submit a request, provide all the details you have already provided and any Debug IDs. This will help them to research in the logs what's really going on. 

Note: If you want me to follow up with them, just leave me your ticket # once submitted and I can track the request.

Christina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.