cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button gives "Something went wrong" error after submitting card details. Pay with account works.

Options
geezuzz
Contributor
Posted on

I created a donation button and whenever the customer tries to pay with CARD, the following message will appear AFTER entering all card details and submitting:

"Something went wrong
We're sorry your first try didn't work out. This could just be a temporary glitch."

If I use the same button, and log in with my paypal account, payment works fine. I had a friend create a donation button to their account also, and they have exactly the same problem.

Since the error doesn't give any details, it's impossible to find out the problem ourselves...

4 REPLIES 4

Button gives "Something went wrong" error after submitting card details. Pay with account works.

Options
geezuzz
Contributor

Anyone? I created a ticket at techsupport 2 days ago, but still haven't got any reply 😕 

Options
ardor
Contributor

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue. Did the Tech Support ever reply? And if so, what did they say?

Thank you so much!

@geezuzz wrote:

Anyone? I created a ticket at techsupport 2 days ago, but still haven't got any reply 😕 

Options
dingome
New Community Member

I am having the same problem and we need a solid answer form PayPal.

Options
toneko
Contributor

I am having the same problem too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.