Button creation through Button Manager API ends with error 11945

KarelCemus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am facing the issue of getting the error 11945 (The button country and language code combination specified is invalid.) when creating a button through API. I described it in detail on StackOverflow but as I get no response, I try it here too.

To briefly sum it up (for details, please, see the original question on SO):

• I try to create the ENCRYPTED button through Button Manager API, but creation of the HOSTED button fails too
  • Tracing the error down I ended up with the tutorial written by PayPal, which fails too
  • I am not able to break through this error to successfully create the button

Could anyone help me to resolve or narrow down this issue, please? It would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

KarelCemus
Contributor
Contributor

For future reference, there is the issue resolution from PM by MTS_Ciaran:

Thanks, so this looks like a bug on the sandbox from what I can see. The issue is that the account is CZ and for some reason we're not allowing the button creation because of that. It doesnt look to be the same on the live environment so I would suggest using a US account for testing and once live the CZ account shouldn't be an issue. 

I'll work internally to get the sandbox corrected for this. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

MTS_Ciaran

how do. Can you post the PayPal API call you are making to create the button please?

Login to Me Too

KarelCemus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

thanks for the reply. The call was in the post on SO. It is the same call from this tutorial:

curl https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp \
  -s \
  --insecure \
  -d USER=<my-user-name> \
  -d PWD=<my-password> \
  -d SIGNATURE=<my-signature> \
  -d VERSION=51.0 \
  -d METHOD=BMCreateButton \
  -d BUTTONCODE=ENCRYPTED \
  -d BUTTONTYPE=CART \
  -d BUTTONSUBTYPE=PRODUCTS \
  -d BUTTONCOUNTRY=US \
  -d L_BUTTONVAR1=item_name%3Dshoehorn \
  -d L_BUTTONVAR2=amount%3D1464.46 \
  -d L_BUTTONVAR3=tax=%3D21 \
  -d L_BUTTONVAR4=item_number%3D123456

I had to change the credentials and use my own because the one in the tutorial returns 'You do not have permissions to make this API call'.

Login to Me Too

KarelCemus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Ciaran, is there any progress on this issue, please? I am still unable to create any button. Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Not yet, still trying to dig this out. Can you post the full API response for this, including the correlation ID please?

Login to Me Too

KarelCemus
Contributor
Contributor

This is the decoded response:

TIMESTAMP=2017-07-03T09:43:57Z
CORRELATIONID=75120e82b1399
ACK=Failure
VERSION=51.0
BUILD=33063964
L_ERRORCODE0=11945
L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Invalid Data
L_LONGMESSAGE0=The button country and language code combination specified is invalid.
L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error

Login to Me Too

KarelCemus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Ciaran, any thoughts on this issue? Or is there anything else I can do or provide some more information? Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

So this could be 1 of two things, I noticed that the account was unverified so I've manually verified it now since it was on sandbox, but that could be causing the issue which would mean that the error message returned is incorrect.  Or the fact that the account is Czech and the button country is set to US could be causing it. 

So, since the account is verified now, can you check to see if its working..... If not, can you try changing the button country variable?

Login to Me Too

KarelCemus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Ciaran thanks for your reply. However, none of those actually helped. Here is what I tried:

1) re-run the previous command (see in older posts) and there is the response

TIMESTAMP=2017-07-04T11:46:25Z
CORRELATIONID=bf0478fc864d0
ACK=Failure
VERSION=51.0
BUILD=33063964
L_ERRORCODE0=11945
L_LONGMESSAGE0=The button country and language code combination specified is invalid.
L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error

Then I changed the variable in the request to:

BUTTONCOUNTRY=CZ 

And the reply is here:

TIMESTAMP=2017-07-04T11:46:46Z
CORRELATIONID=f833c70912ba6
ACK=Failure
VERSION=51.0
BUILD=33063964
L_ERRORCODE0=11945
L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error

I tried all sorts of combinations of BUTTONCOUNTRY and LC (locale) before starting this thread, none of those helped. 

Unfortunately, the user account has to be in Czech because our clients (multiple) have them.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

So For me, I was able to create this exact button, using your sandbox account as subject on my side which is odd. The only thing I can think of is that that the full variables are not getting through to us. Are you trying a straight CURL request in a CMD window or via code?

Can you try a different merchant account as well maybe?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.