Automate Order Processing

jwynveen
Contributor
Contributor

I have a custom cart on my site that I integrate and send to Paypal via cmd=_cart & upload=1 in an HTML form (according tohttps://developer.paypal.com/docs/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/formbasics/). I include a notify_url to receive the payment information and process the order in my database. Since I'm selling a virtual product that has no shipping, I set no_shipping=1 as well.

Even though that process is automated, I still have to go into my merchant account and mark each order as processed and that it doesn't need tracking information. Is there any way to automate that? I'd love if I could send a certain response from my notify_url endpoint to do so. Surely with the IPN and API options, there must be a way to do this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Chiranjeevi_L

Hi @jwynveen,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

You will receive the "payment_status" variable in PayPal IPN response logs, once the user/buyer process the payment.

I request to please use the  "payment_status" variable and handle your internal database to mark the order status accordingly.

payment_status = CompletedStatus, which determines whether the transaction is complete

Please refer the guide link.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

Login to Me Too

jwynveen
Contributor
Contributor

That's not quite what I'm asking. I know I could receive that payment status. What I want to do is send data to update the order status within PayPal itself. In the PayPal merchant portal, it shows transactions that are pending tracking information and I have to go in manually to set it to "Order Processed" to indicate there is no tracking information needed. Is there a way I can do that in an automated way?

Login to Me Too

entegrations-io
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @jwynveen ,

May be you have to implement/automate PayPal Tracking API, by setting shipping status to Delivered? Check it out.

Thanks,

Ramesh

entegrations.io

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.