Amazon palettes sales

Lowmiles0001
Contributor
Contributor
I went on Facebook and seeing advertisement for pallets return items from Amazon for sale for 72.89 I ordered two pallets which was like plus the shipping was free. With no name on it and a set of headphones cheap headphones. I prepare space in my house to receive these large pallets that's from the videos showing that they're huge. I was taken for my money. I contacted the PayPal and they found a problem and it refunded my money. That was awesome thanks guys. Then I ordered on Facebook that this phone that they showing that opens out into a tablet for $29.00 and something. I just received that Saturday in the mailbox and it wasn't a phone it was a clear bracelet look like something that you can put some information in it's like a some kind of security band. And that's all it was. I'm very **bleep** off with that all together that was $40 and something for that. PayPal is now investigating that. These people are using PayPal to get the money. But they do not send any shipping tracking. So you don't know when you're going to get it or even if they sunt it. On Facebook marketplace I ordered a TV that they had on there for $99 for 82 in flat screen free shipping. Will be delivered at your house in 7 days from purchase anywhere in the United States. I thought that was a great deal so I purchased the TV for the $99. I get a text message saying that it was $13 and something extra all together it came to like $113.98. I went ahead and added the 13.98 to my account so they can take the money out. No shipping no tracking TV never came. Now PayPal is investigating that. And I know I will be getting my money back from that I don't understand how these people are using PayPal and costing them a lot of headache trying to find out why they didn't send the package and refund the money. I hope that they're getting their money back from them for trying to read make sure that the customer that purchase something through PayPal has purchased protection which is good. But at the same time PayPal is losing money I know. This is unfair to them as it is unfair to the consumer. These people are bunch of frauds and crooks be weary of them it's hard to even I notice now, that when I look on the pages now I'm looking for a phone number and if I don't see any phone numbers. Or a correct email address I just now noticed it today when I was looking through Facebook . And I seen some stuff that I wanted. But now I'm done the last thing I ordered was some sneakers and these are the sneakers that have the word Jesus on them and Faith over fear. Now these shoes like $72 and something. I just ordered those. And I hope to God that they do come and then they are the correct size and the correct color that I picked. If this does not work I think I'm going to be done with purchasing anything through Facebook marketplace unless it's something I can actually go pick up and see for myself. But I noticed the people that are putting these fake notices on Facebook or making a whole video of these items that they are selling and so they look very professional so you thinking that is not a scam that nobody will put that much work into a video like that for it to be a scam. And these people have taken lots of money from me but slowly but surely I am getting it all back. I just have to wait for the investigation to be complete so I can get my money back from my TV, my phone, and my palate. The purchases that I made. And I'm hoping to God I do not have to go through the aggravation of trying to get my money back for the shoes I just purchased yesterday which was the 15th of June. Y'all be careful thanks for listening anybody else have any other scam artist that's been taking their money and you have to fight to get it back. Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Lowmiles0001
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't know these are fake sites. If I did do you think I got money to give away like that.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lowmiles0001 

Why do you keep buying from these sites???

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat or not delivered at all.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lowmiles0001
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I usually go to the stores and buy whatever I'm going to buy or from companies that I've been dealing with like Walmart and stuff like that I can order stuff and or Amazon and they'll come right to my home or I can go pick them up from my location. But when you see stuff like that on there I'm not used to stuff like that. And I just happen to have a couple of dollars to where I can feel like I was treating myself to something nice. And didn't know that that was going on and I waited patiently for the items. But they never showed or they're not what you paid for like I had paid for a phone that supposed to open up until a tablet they sent me a clear bracelet inside of my envelope. So when I got it I thought it was the phone but it's not the phone. I was so upset.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Lowmiles0001
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't know these are fake sites. If I did do you think I got money to give away like that.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.