Advanced Variables Not Available to PHP?

DonkeyWorx
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using a paypal standard BuyNow hosted button but I need to get a product identifier sent back to my php after payment has been made. If I check the  "Take customers to this URL when they finish checkout" and type the product ID into the url it works,  eg: "www.donkeyworx.com/warehouse/productpick.php?productID=HCL0145 "

but I can't get the button to pass it back to me separately. I've tried adding "productID=HCL0145" to the Advanced Variables option and I've tried using HCL0145 as the item_number" via the inventory tracking options.

I've also tried manually adding a hidden input field to the form on my website (because this is what I really want when I have more than one products) but again this only works if the full url including product ID is used as the return url which is both insecure and inflexible.

Am I missing something or have I got to implement a full IPN script just for this?

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

Regards,

Paul

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.