Adaptive Payment solution

RuiALR
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

i am developing a business platform in which I need to use the Adaptive payment solution or some other alternative; It seems paypal is not allowing this solution to be used on new platforms. 

"Important: Adaptive Payments is not available for new integrations. PayPal provides this documentation to support existing integrations." 

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Regards,

Rui

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @RuiALR,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Unfortunately, Adaptive payments feature is deprecated.

MarketPlace product is a replacement of Adaptive payments, which serves the similar product experience.

You can use MarketPlace product and split the payments accordingly. I request to please fill the MarketPlace application via below link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/partner-program/contact-us?ref=marketplace

Once applied, Partners team agent will be reviewing your business details and contact you accordingly.

Please refer the guide link.

Sincerely,
Chiranjeevi
PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

RuiALR
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chiranjeevi,

Thank you for your reply; 

Hope you are well. Thank you for sending this useful info. I have few questions which would be great if you could provide more details:

a) Are the customers required to have a paypal account or could this be done via stripe without them having one?

b) My ecommerce website will require 3 types of payments and would like to know what would be the best paypal solution for each of the following:
1 - payment by monthly subscription?
2 - one off payment?
3 - payment for a service in which a commission is deducted for admin (myself as website owner) but with the condition that the payment is only made to the seller after he delivers the service (conditional payment):   

c) For the "monthly subscription" and the "one off payment" is it required to have a paypal account?

d) How will invoices and receipts be generated for the sellers and admin (website owner) for tax/income reporting?

e) I am working with the web developer to finalize few things on the website and next step is to integrate payment gateway; how long does it take to get this process in operation and what would be the steps for me as a website owner?

f) I am based in the UK, and I am planning to use GBP as the transaction currency but if a customer is another country and wants to see the amount in his country's currency is it possible to display the converted rate? In that case what would be the fees?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Rui

Login to Me Too

RebreatherBook
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

We are a new startup and have essentially the same questions as posed by Rui, above.

Adaptive payments is exactly what we need to implement, so it's a share it's now deprecated.

Can you please respond, thanks very much.

Login to Me Too

MoF1
New Community Member
HI Rui, have you received further clarity on your questions? I am also interested in understanding these details.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.