A call from "PayPal" employee from Dublin suspicious.

haywirer
Contributor
Contributor

We (me and my team) recived a call from a "PayPal" employee, and the conversation made me concern and suspicious.
Summerizing he told us that we need to implement PayPal Checkout since PayPal Standard is going to be taken down soon (he didn't tell me WHEN, just soon), and we are gpoing to recive benefits in a lower comission for the payments, and everythingelse is better and wonderful. He send us a email from paypal.com domain: xxxxxxx[at]paypal.com, i checked the email headers and the dns ips point to PayPal Inc. servers, so.

He insisted several times to install the WooCommerce plugin right now at the moment so "he can help me out", and the plugin did not look a official plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/express-checkout/

This call and emails had a lot of red flags, It is "mandatory" to implement it asap, do it now so i can help you, you are going to get benefits from it... etc.

Overall just to bring the information here so we can contrast if it is a partner, or not, if it is normal or not, i dont know.

Any aclaration in the subject will be greatfull.

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Hey, I'm going to follow up internally in relation to this, the call was from PayPal as was the email. There is a drive for Merchants to upgrade to newer products as they offer a huge range of benefits but there is no mandatory migration needed at the moment. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Hey, I'm going to follow up internally in relation to this, the call was from PayPal as was the email. There is a drive for Merchants to upgrade to newer products as they offer a huge range of benefits but there is no mandatory migration needed at the moment. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.