3DS Authentication not working for PayPal Buttons since January 1st

marta_momplet
Contributor
Contributor

Since January 1st all payment attempts made in my website that uses PayPal Buttons haven't completed, because 3DS Redirection is not working.

Once the user has filled the payment form and has pressed the confirmation button, 3DS Redirection seems to start, but after several seconds it leads to an empty window.

Inspecting the window with chrome developer tools I see a HTTP 400 error from PayPal server with the following content:

{
"ack": "contingency",
"contingency": "PAYER_INVALID_FOR_PAYMENT",
"errorData": {
"step_up_context": {

}
},
"meta": {
"calc": "c1f1102886ec5",
"rlog": "rZJvnqaaQhLn%2FnmWT8cSUg9MBfMHgUpSmljgVb0Xwip5zXKuC9mTG091hbpXJKDB4GcbpXWo2fs_176c3f8d7c0"
},
"server": "iAAUzIvOh0KjiUHcIz_zmmVS1DmTy-krLVywz6ZKuwuKCXV66aCq1EkryHpbVCjmC6Kem1VsAGcg7V9PHSf6-j8-foYsgU35kySJu_cgh8ppcNk545aEHdb64FThVQiXcNp-Kb-xW4wKy4B_gZUsWqdT4pU7iI1g6rcWYXnXtWf-CgFz6SVpY9LHr0Con-AFF_QwqTvhfsI0QWAzSQfsZac9l9z3bu57kd2EB-G0h_RgW4a8KJFdVWCpISKTxhOttPfCKw5pGCq"
}

I haven't changed any single line of code in my website.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

nathanhunt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @marta_momplet ,

I might be unable to answer your question. However, you might help me a lot, if you can explain how to config the PayPal  button to have the 3DS functionality. I try to search for a document which explains the steps to config the PayPal button to achieve this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.