iPhone 4 Paypal app not working

newoikkin
Contributor
Contributor

my iPhone 4 paypal app is not letting me log on. i know i've got the right password, but every time i try and log on, i get a "An error has occurred: System error, Please try again later". message. this has been going on for months now, since march, before then i had absolutely no problem with it. i've tried going to the personal settings and removing the mobile device i had listed and starting fresh, but it still doesnt work. if anyone has a work around to this, please let me know, thanks.

also, before anyone else says it, yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app many, many times, and i've tried turning the phone on and off, even changing my paypal password to see if that would make a difference, but i still get the same error message.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

newoikkin
Contributor
Contributor

my iPhone 4 paypal app is not letting me log on. i know i've got the right password, but every time i try and log on, i get a "An error has occurred: System error, Please try again later". message. this has been going on for months now, since march, before then i had absolutely no problem with it. i've tried going to the personal settings and removing the mobile device i had listed and starting fresh, but it still doesnt work. if anyone has a work around to this, please let me know, thanks.

also, before anyone else says it, yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app many, many times, and i've tried turning the phone on and off, even changing my paypal password to see if that would make a difference, but i still get the same error message.

Login to Me Too

niburke
New Community Member
I'm getting same message but it's when I try and add a credit card..ugh!
Login to Me Too

Chris_in_OK
New Community Member

I get the same error when trying to set up notification in settings using iPhone 4.  I tried several times today.  Were you able to find a fix?

Login to Me Too

SpookieDonDo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I just set up a paypal account and like the other few I am getting the same "An error has occurred. system error. Please try again later." I have an iPhone 4 and want to know why. When I tried to log in on another person iphone it went right through. I see by the other postings that no one from paypal admin has responded to this issue, Awesome job paypal. So this is probably a waist of my time but who knows maybe someone at paypal will finally step in and help. I have a feeling we will all be holding our breath. Breathe **bleep** it breathe.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Everyone -

I am sorry you are having trouble with the PayPal app on your iPhone. One question do have is, are you using the phone from the same IP address or multiple different ones? If you are using the same IP the error my be a result from a bad IP. If you are using the same IP try using it from another IP address, and see if this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Sueelli2
New Community Member
I have IPhone 3GS and have the same problem. I think it's the app, and not our phones!! This happened after the last upgrade. I have tried everything you tried with no success. Very frustrating! I ended up just signing in to the full site with my phone, so why the app?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.