Security Card Key problems - no security codes show up ...

cloudycity
Contributor
Contributor

I just received a security card and tried to activate it.  Pushing the "Press" button does nothing except one time where I got a number - not sure what I did Smiley Sad.  I've tried waiting a long time after pressing, and pressing for a long time, but 

What am I doing wrong?

Tom

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi msc,

From there, you would click "Call Us" or "Email Us" under step 2. 🙂

Is that error message showing before or after you click one of those options?

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

msc
Contributor
Contributor

The error happens in Chromium browser, after clikcing on an option.

Also, I did call the toll free phone number, and got a recording telling me I needed to call a pay-per-call number. That was several weeks ago, just before I posted to this forum orignally.

Login to Me Too

MtnWoodworker
Contributor
Contributor

The new card is a little better. I no longer have to use a hard object to press it like I did with the old one that failed. If the arthritis in my hands gets any worse, I will not be able to use this card.

Can I get a replacement that is the old-style token I just kept in my pocket? That one was very easy to use.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi MtnWoodworker,

I'm glad to hear that the replacement you received is at least working better than the original.  We currently do not sell the older style security token but you can purchase one directly from VeriSign here: https://idprotect.verisign.com/orderstart.v

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

MrsDime
New Community Member

Having just had my business account hacked twice, I ordered a security key as an extra layer of security.

1. I did not know it existed, and was not told about it by the security advisor I spoke to after the second hacking incident. You would have thought they would mention it! I found out about it from someone else.

2. It cost we a whopping £20 (US$30) when I see from other users that it only costs $5 in the states - why are customers in the UK penalised so heavily?

3. Delivery was promised in 10 days and it took three weeks to arrive.

4. I am having exactly the same problems as everyone else - it is taking me several minutes each time I want to log on to find a way of getting the number to display. And, in response to the suggestion that you can buy an old style one from Veri-Sign - I've just forked out £20 for this one - why should I now pay more money?

This is very poor from PayPal. I was so impressed when this card showed up - and I am now very frustrated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.