Quckbooks Download vis Webconnect (or any connect)- IT'S TIME!!!

pitwoman
Contributor
Contributor

It's been well over a year since someone from Paypal posted on this board that 'they're working on it"!!  How is it that almost every major AND MINOR financial institution can provide downloads to Quickbooks, yet Paypal...who most of us Quickbooks users also now use, is still in the dark ages.

Could they just not give a **bleep**??

I was told by Intuit (and Paypal agreed) that it's not a big deal to accomplish.  So what's the problem?

It would be very nice if someone from Paypal responded and let us all know whether or not to wait or if it's time to abandon Paypal.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi pitwoman,

I appreciate your feedback and I agree there's always room for improvement.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the specifics but PayPal does support History File downloads in the Quickbooks .iif file type.

Intuit also provides instructions here: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12964

Another option is to use SimplePort.

I hope this helps! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

andy22046
Contributor
Contributor

It's not clear to me where/how to download an IIF file from PayPal.  Could you point me in the right direction?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi andy22046,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The specific instructions could be different depending on the type of PayPal account you have.  Hopefully this information will help you locate the right section.  You'll want to look for a link or option that says "Download History".

For a standard PayPal Business account, you can find the section under "My Account" then "History" then "Download History".

DLHistory.PNG

On the download history page, you can find the .IIF option in the drop down menu.

IIF.PNG

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

andy22046
Contributor
Contributor

Frank, thanks for the quick response.  Unfortunately, that's not the interface I see in my account.  I can navigate to a History section and from there I can set a data range and there is a section that says "Download: CSV | More" which I can use to download the transactions in various formats.  It looks a lot the drop-down list in your example except it lacks .iif and .qif options.

As far as I know I have a stanard business account.  Any idea if this just isn't an option for some accounts?  Is there any way to convert my account to the type that does offer this option?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

andy22046,

It sounds like you may have a PayPal Merchant account.  This option should still be there, it would just be on a different page separate from the History page.

Download History

- Frank

Login to Me Too

andy22046
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, that worked - thanks!  Of course, now it seems like QuickBooks Online claims this isn't actually a Web Connect file - or it's not properly formatted as one (and since it is an IIF file and now a QBO file I guess that makes sense).  I really wish there was a way to download about a year's worth of PayPal transaction data and then upload it into QuickBooks Online. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.