Pay Pal security key battery dead

iamscharles
New Community Member

Will paypal issue new security keys ?  My battery is dead so I cannot reactivate the key.  When I try to order another key there is no link to order, but a link to "reactivate" key-- so it looks like they're phasing out the keys and forcing people to purchase the security card for a much more expensive $29.99.  Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor
Welcome Iamscharles! I can definatly understand your dilemma I have had a couple go dead in the years since the release of the security key (mainly from over use). Since I am always messing with the physical security key I decided to use the mobile version instead. In your Profile under My Settings if you update your preferences for the security key you should see the option for "Use your mobile phone". This however does run through SMS texting so it may not be applicable depending on your phone plan and texting packages. I hope this helps 🙂
Login to Me Too

minhp
New Community Member

Hi Zazu. I wonder if you could suggest the management to develop a security token (Paypal logo) with replacable battery. I use online banking with Barclays, Natwest, and HSBC in the UK. Their security token's battery can be easily replaced. It is also more about the brand than just SMS.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

minhp,

Thank you for the suggestion!  I'll forward that feedback along for you.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.