paypal here

granny_clampet
Contributor
Contributor

hi, I got a new ipad today, my first one. whilst trying to download the paypal icon onto my home screen, I have done something wrong, and have no idea how to fix it. I now have an icon which says paypal here, and when I click on it, it takes me to somewhere I dont recognise, and dont want, but I have no idea how to cancel whatever it is I have down loaded, can anyone please help me ? I am not a business, just an old houswife!!

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Intars

Hi Higranny_clampet,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Sounds like you installed PayPal Here app for business customer instead of the regular PayPal app. Here is the link to our regular app on the Apple store https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/paypal-send-request-money/id283646709?mt=8 .

Here's how to uninstall unnecessary app from an iPad:

1. From the iOS device Home Screen (meaning where all the icons are), locate the app icon that you wish to uninstall from the device
  2. Tap and hold on the app icon you wish to uninstall, keep holding until all the icons start wiggling around
  3. Tap the little (X) icon that appears in the upper left corner of the app icon that you want to uninstall
  4. When the “Delete AppName – Deleting Appanme will also delete all of it’s data” message box appears, confirm the removal of the app by choosing “Delete”
  5. To uninstall more apps, tap on the (X) buttons of those and repeat the process
  6. When finished, hit the Home button to stop the icons from wiggling

Intars

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Intars

Hi Higranny_clampet,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Sounds like you installed PayPal Here app for business customer instead of the regular PayPal app. Here is the link to our regular app on the Apple store https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/paypal-send-request-money/id283646709?mt=8 .

Here's how to uninstall unnecessary app from an iPad:

1. From the iOS device Home Screen (meaning where all the icons are), locate the app icon that you wish to uninstall from the device
  2. Tap and hold on the app icon you wish to uninstall, keep holding until all the icons start wiggling around
  3. Tap the little (X) icon that appears in the upper left corner of the app icon that you want to uninstall
  4. When the “Delete AppName – Deleting Appanme will also delete all of it’s data” message box appears, confirm the removal of the app by choosing “Delete”
  5. To uninstall more apps, tap on the (X) buttons of those and repeat the process
  6. When finished, hit the Home button to stop the icons from wiggling

Intars

Login to Me Too

granny_clampet
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that; it was very helpful
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.