limited account

neil6
Contributor
Contributor

is anyone else unhappy with new paypal rules.... limited account because i havent uploaded id or utility bill etc also they wont let me close my account untill i do which i dont understant at all ive had nothing but carry on with paypal money going missing then paying for items then ending up with me owing paypal my account is all clear and upto date but they will not let me close it ??????

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neil6

Paypal is a legal money transfer service so of course you have to prove your identity before you can continue, just as you have to provide that info when you open a bank account.

They limit it to stop you using the same email addy and financial info on another paypal account until you have verified this one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

neil6
Contributor
Contributor
But why do they need anymore info if I want to close my account? They just say it limited any so technically it's closed but won't actually let me close it they don't need extra to close a account if so why
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neil6

Re-read my last sentence.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

neil6
Contributor
Contributor
Obviously the rest of the community who don't work for PayPal agree with me if my account is upto date I should be able to close it without adding information when you close a bank account you don't
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neil6

Sorry i interrupted my film to respond to your post and try to help you.

I don't work for paypal hence the word "volunteer".

And sorry if you don't like my answer. You asked why you can't close it. I told you paypal won't let you close it incase you use the same email addy and financial info on another paypal account.

I can't help it if you don't like that answer, I can only give you the facts, i don't make their policies.

But if you want me to tell you lies to make you feel better then I will !!!!

Oh and your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

neil6
Contributor
Contributor
Meeow very **bleep** try going on Google and PayPal forums I ain't the only one and there are some interesting stories on you might want to read
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.