We're sorry. Based on the information you provided you aren't eligible for PayPal Here.

Sundrops
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't know why it's telling this. I'm 100% verified and I have a premier account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Sundrops, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out. 

We would not see the reason for the decline here however if you wish to call our PayPal Here team directly at the number on this page they will be happy to review this with you.

Siobhan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Sundrops, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out. 

We would not see the reason for the decline here however if you wish to call our PayPal Here team directly at the number on this page they will be happy to review this with you.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Bberretta
New Community Member
I applied online for a card reader was approved and sent a reader. After I performed a service I was ready to except payment. Then I got this message! I am a Square register user since they launched and I quit using PayPal because my elderly clients don't use the Internet much less have an email address to send an invoice to. So when I call in to find out the guy said I most likely wasn't approved due to several things they take into account but he can't tell me what and there's no way to dispute. So I asked him to look at my account with you and he commented that it is highly active and in great standing. I run 2 businesses so I was trying to make it a little cheaper using PayPal here not knowing they will look at my credit to take someone else's payment. Why on earth does it matter that my child died and the economy crashed at the same time and I lost everything. Why on earth hurt people that were already brought down at a bad time for our entire country. My business did not go under just me as a person went under, I lost my house, my baby, my credit, my family and friends. And all unapproving me does is prove you guys are a sham. My personal credit has nothing to do with what my clients have in their account and whether or not my client can pay what i change them. The fee is taken out of each individual transaction at no certain time does my credit have anything to do with what your processing im just receiving money so why would my credit affect someone elses credit card? You can go to square and get their reader for free and anyone can get it. I would rather not save the .5 i was trying to save a year to build us a home after my kids lost everything I've been trying to figure out ways to bring in a little extra so we can rebuild our lives and this was a small bump in the road but very annoying and stupid policies. I was told to go on line and send my client an invoice. I said why would i do that when i have square right here and can just swipe and be done with it. My client was standing right in front of me does that make any sence to you? My client doesn't use email or a computer so how does that help me oh and i can still send money and recieve it on the regular site I've been using paypal since ebay came out and i have a long good standing history and i think if you have that with their company that should be proof you can swipe other peoples cards. Oh and everytime ive swiped my card through their site it has went through ive never been declined in over 15 years. So explain the reasoning a little better as to why paypal is so much better than square that you invest money into sending out a reader but refuse to let the person swipe a customers card to pay you back for that reader paypal is loosing money on this if you just send our readers. If you want to not upset people them when you come on the site to apply for the reader at that point is when you should do the background check and approve someone. Then you send a reader if they are approved. Because you sent me one i can never use so its going in the trash can and you are loosing money. Just a little business sence for ya
Login to Me Too

Whtmule
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently I answered one of the questions wrong and now I can't set up my app. It is giving me the same error. What do I do now?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Whtmule, 

Sorry to hear this. 

We would suggest calling the number mentioned above, they will be happy to review your account in full and can advise on the process going forward.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

cheryl_5and1
New Community Member

I got the same error message. I call the number listed in the previous post.

I was told that he couldn't tell me why I was declined, whether it was a wrong personal answer, or what, only that a written confirmation would simply say my 'business was too risky' and that anyone else would give me the same answer and nothing could be done to change it.

I have a long-standing premier account that is 100%, verified.  I am a sole owner/operator of a small business.  My credit is excellent.  I can't believe 3 questions online ascertained somehow that I'm a 'risk.'

And I also have trouble believing that something can't be done about it.  Unless PayPal just want people using PayPal Here.

~shrug~

Login to Me Too

spedram
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.

I called the number but the representative told me that you are not qualify, and that's it... I asked why? he just replied that we don't know. you did not pass the qualification. and nobody can help you for that!! you can use other companies for getting card reader...

really? Is that Paypal?

I have my account for more than 6 years.

Login to Me Too

MichaelD56
New Community Member

I got the same responce from paypal and with no resolve.

Login to Me Too

Lmsart
New Community Member

I got the same thing and it boggles my mind because I am just selling my paintings. But I wouldn't worry about it, shop icy is great and it attaches to my website. Square is also good. There are many people out there that are willing to work with me. I will just close my Paypal account, no biggie, the others are much more streamlined and easier to work with. No worries, just move on and find your best option. There is quicken too, but they are rip offs as well, so I would steer clear.

Login to Me Too

VeganTiff
Contributor
Contributor

It's a Huge disappointment. No one was able to assist me when I called. Both representatives stated that " Unfortunately there isnt anything we can do for you" When I asked why would I receive a card reader, be approved of the business debit card, to be denied without a specific reason, the above statement was repeated with a "is there anything else I can help you with?

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO RECTIFY THIS ISSUE! THIS IS WHY COMPANIES HAVE MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.