Re: UK PayPal account but bank account with other country

cocoalex
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to ask you about a few things associated with my PayPal account.

Is it possible to account for the UK (company) to add Polish bank account (the account of the company is in Poland)?

My company address / registered office is in Manchester so I opened UK PayPal account but is possible only add UK bank account  (I've read when I ried add bank account and card) 😕

What I can do in this situation? I should close this account (I mean UK account) and open a business account in Polish PayPal? But is possible to add UK company address in Polish PayPal?

I ask because I would like in addition to the standard (Polish) payments have the possibility to pay via PayPal in the shop (on my corporate website), which will operate in two languages.

Is stressful for me because I think that bank account is no matter because PayPal is global payment

What I can do with this? Any help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cocoalex

Unlikely you will be able to use a UK paypal account in Poland, because paypal is country specific they will limit it if you are using it in Poland as you are supposed to open another one in the country that you are in.

And as i said you need a UK bank account to a UK paypal account and a Polish bank account to a Polish paypal account.

Sorry if i have not been helpful, suggest you phone customer services instead then.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cocoalex

Paypal is country specific so if you are in a country you need to add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

The only exception is U.S users can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cocoalex
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is country specific so if you are in a country you need to add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country. - Okey, I understand but I have company address, phone number in UK. I have only bank account in Poland because I plan move back to Poland in few months but company still be registered in UK.

The only exception is U.S users can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts. - Any advice for solving my problem? Explanation that "Paypal is country specific" isn't helpfull. I should close current PayPal account and create new (Polish account)? But what is it with company details?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cocoalex

Unlikely you will be able to use a UK paypal account in Poland, because paypal is country specific they will limit it if you are using it in Poland as you are supposed to open another one in the country that you are in.

And as i said you need a UK bank account to a UK paypal account and a Polish bank account to a Polish paypal account.

Sorry if i have not been helpful, suggest you phone customer services instead then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cocoalex
Contributor
Contributor

Okey I will contact with customer services instead via phone. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Drapichrust
New Community Member

Hello there, I have exacly the same question. Any luck with that?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.