Private message

Bailey86
Contributor
Contributor
I received a private message but when I go to open it, it says 'You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue.' How do I view this message?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Adam2017
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Bailey86

Welcome to the community.

Please know PayPal does not send Private messages through email. When you open the email make sure it addresses your name as in  Dear (your name, as it appears on your PayPal account). If that is not there then it is possible you have a Phishing email. You can forward that to spoof@paypal.com and we can check it out for you. Response time is normally within 24 hours.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more queries

Thanks

Adam

Login to Me Too

Bailey86
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I did get an email telling me about the private message but it is also appearing in my PayPal account under private messages. I just can't seem to open it?
Login to Me Too

Adam2017
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Bailey86

On the PayPal account log try using a PC or Laptop if possible because devices can experience technical issues if they are not up to date. If you then click on the icon which looks like a Bell near the top of your Summary page it should redirect you to the Message Center. If you are getting errors opening the email i would recommend you email or phone us through your account so we can review the account and give you a more exact answer.

To contact us by email:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Help & Contact near the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Message Centre and follow the on-screen instructions. (Even if you're unable to log into your PayPal account, you can still send us a question. Under 'Unable to log in?' click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions).

We'll try to get back to you within 24 hours.

To contact us by phone:

Please call us on 0800 358 7911

Thanks

Adam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.