Pretty poor Business service!

clarkerz
Contributor
Contributor

Last week I received my shiny new PayPal HERE terminal and was told I needed to update some more Business information such as Directors information (not sure why as this had already been given a few years ago), anyway I tried to do that. Firstly it would appear that the address entry is setup for the american market where I have to have a Street Number and Building (which I don't as per my registered address) and it won't allow me to proceed unless I have one. I entered the name in the building number field and also the street number and clicked submit. I then received an error saying "something seems to have gone wrong".

I did the above over three days from the Sunday 25th March to Wednesday the 29th March with each time it failing. 

I rang PayPal on Wednesday 29th March and the first person I spoke with didn't know what a director was and told me I needed to update my Business details, i said i couldn't and after around 10 minutes she put me through to an American lady who said they would transfer me to the right department  and she put me though to Dean in Ireland. Dean was good and understood my issue and said you've done virtually everything you need to but I'll send you a link and if you can send me through the passports for both Directors that would be "grand". He sent me a link (ref KMM118569636V77378L0KM) and he confirmed he'd received both documents. He then said my account had my familiar name and not my passport name so i should request a name change, which I did all with him on the phone and he confirmed receipt of the documents. He said I've put a note on the back off system so you won't be asked for this again.

And this morning, over one week later, I have just received an email from service at paypal.co.uk (PP-005-673-330-185 RXI092) asking - guess what - go on guess........to update the Directors Details and also chaneg my name.

I don't have the appetite to sit on the phone again for yet another 40 minutes so I am going to send the terminal back and close my account which is a shame. I did read that Paypal is great until you get a problem and then it falls apart.

Shame!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.