PayPal Here app issue

madminx
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Samsung Galaxy note tablet which won't download the PayPal Here app and Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 phones that will download the app but at every log in attempt it says; 'login failed. Please try again later' (this has been like this all week!)

Card reader arrived yesterday so paired up both phones with the chip and pin reader but still the same problem being unable to access the app!

So far spent £50.00 on a card reader but can't take any payments from our clients!

When I go back onto the PayPal Here website I get the message after trying to sign up for PayPal Here 'Thanks for your interest. We're sorry but, based on the information you provided, you're not eligible for PayPal Here at the moment.'

So as a sole trader who has a business PayPal account for about 10 years I'm not eligable to take payments from my clients yet PayPal can take payment from me for equipment that is seemingly useless!

Would like some help please PayPal straight away so that I can take payments from clients otherwise a refund for the equipment and wasted time costs will be the next step!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Conor

Hi madminx,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

We want to help you with this one.

We're afraid PayPal Here is not currently available for android tablets like your Galaxy note and that's why you're unable to download the app.

However, we'd like to take a closer look at the login issues you're experiencing so I wonder if you'd consider contacting us through our other social media channels instead?

We're unable to pull up your account details through the forum you see.

We're available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Hope that helps madminx and we look forward to hearing from you,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Mo93
New Community Member
I have the same issue when I try to log in (PayPal Here) on my phone. I put in my user name and password and it starts going through but then says We're sorry Based on the information you provided, you aren't eligible for PayPal Here. I tried signing in with my mobile number and my email and it says the same thing. Can anyone help?
Login to Me Too

sushmithas
New Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to login into mobile app. i have htc one m8 and downloaded paypal app from play store. Every time I log into mobile app using email id/ password or mobile number / pin. it give message saying the Sorry but the paypal security key is not supported in this version of app, although support will be coming soon. 

I have security key activated to my mobile number for additional security. I can log in to moble only if i deactivate the security key option from mobile. What is the soluton for this??

Should I forgo the additional security to login to mobile app??? What kind of mobile app is that provided by paypal.. I have not been able to login to mobile paypal app since I have downloaded the app.. I have unistalled the previous version and installed any latest version from play store every month but stlll unable to use mobile app

please advice

Login to Me Too

diebold210
New Community Member

i have an etsy shop that occasionally i use to sell items in person on. i bought a pay pal here so i could do this more seamlessly, but am being told when i log in that i am not eligible???? why is this? i have an iphone 5. and can i get a full refund if pay pal is gonna sell me junk i cant use??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi diebold210,

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like your application may not have been approved for PayPal Here. Did you receive any email communications from us regarding the approval of your account for PayPal Here?

We'd be happy to look into this further for you,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.