PayPal Here - Not eligible

evilxhemi
New Community Member

This is really something. Why would PayPaly even send you a card reader if you weren't going to be eligible if you make a mistake selecting a known address? [IDK if this is the reason I was declined but it seems to happen frequently with other people so maybe it is.] 

My tablet was docked and the touchpad on my Asus is really sensitive. My wrist accidentally selected that I wasn't associated with these addresses even though I had already clicked on one correct address. It immediately said that I wasn't eligible. I called the toll free number and the customer service rep said she'd forward this to their review team to have it looked at and would have the answer in 24-48 hours. 

I'm just trying to open a small, PC repair business. Have had my PayPal account in good standing since 2005. I'm very upset because I see this is a recurring issue with many people. If they're going to decline you, they should provide a reason why or at least provide a phone number to customer support inside the app!

Further to that, if it's such an issue, why doesn't PayPal pre-qualify a person prior to even sending a reader to begin with? Now I have a reader I cannot use. Even my bank allows me to re-enter my password a few times if I make a typo on the first attemp to log in.

Thankfully, I also ordered the Square card reader so I can get on with my small business and not get held up by this eligibility issue. Looks like I'll be using Square instead and toss this other reader if they don't approve my account. This makes absolutely no sense to me. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hey Evilchemi.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding this. 

We are unable to see the specific reasons for your application being refused for a PayPal Here card reader. 

In order for you to learn more about why your application may have been refused, you would need to reach out to our PayPal Here team directly on <removed> or <removed> and we can assist you further with this. 

Please let us know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

LibertyDrew070
New Community Member
I am having the same issue. I called the numbers. No one can seem to tell me anything. Looks I will be using square as well. If you guys ever fix this... Let me know
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.