Multiple Paypal.Me Names for one PayPal account?

gizmo_the_great
New Community Member

Hi

I run two, free, online platforms. For both, I have recently added Paypal donate buttons to allow users to donate to the projects. 

The first was initially set up using the "Paypal.me" system and that worked OK except that my real name and home town was listed. But that wasn't a major problem for that project.

The second has more of a global reach and I didn't want my real name or home town listed. And I also wanted a seperate Paypal.me identifty, which is not possible as far as I can tell.

So I upgraded to a Business account and gave that a name. And that also works well in its own right - users see the business name (even though it's not actually a business) and my home town is not listed. However, the original Paypal.me account now shows users the business name of the other site, which is entirely seperate! And so that causes confusion.

What I need to know is this:

Is it possible to have two seperate PayPal.me ID's for the same Paypal account? If so, how?

Or, is it possible to have two seperate business names associated to the same Paypal account?

Or, do I just have to register two PayPal accounts and re-verify my bank accounts with the new one? Then use the new one for one platfrom and convert my current PayPal account back to a personal one for the original Paypal.me?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Aubin
Contributor
Contributor

A year, and still no reply?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.