Important information about your PayPal Here Card Reader - iOS 9

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi all, 

Apple recently announced its latest operating system for iPhones and iPads, iOS 9. Due to a Bluetooth pairing issue in iOS 9, PayPal Here users may experience problems when trying to connect their card reader with an iPhone or iPad that is running on iOS 9.

If you’re planning to or have already upgraded to iOS 9, we recommend that you follow the steps outlined here if you’re experiencing difficulties connecting your card reader. Apple has identified the cause of the issue and will correct it in an upcoming release. We will notify our PayPal Here customers when the iOS 9 issue has been resolved.

PayPal Here customers who are using Android devices [or earlier versions of iOS] are not affected by this issue.

If you have questions or concerns or would like to discuss your account, our Customer Support team is ready to help. Please call us at <removed>.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

GoldPhoto
New Community Member

Has this issue been resolved with the relese of IOS 9.1?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi GoldPhoto,

Welcome to the community.

The PayPal Here team are working on this as a priority. Have you seen the workaround in our previous post? Alternatively, have you tried this with iOS 9.1?

Thanks,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

dbstdriver
Contributor
Contributor

Just upgraded to 9.10 - Reader still not working. How come all my other bluetooth devices (6 of them) are working perfectly but the card reader isnt .... also if this is an Apple issue why isnt it yet fixed ? there have now been 3 updated since this issue was found:

9.01  -  9.02  -  and now 9.1

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi dbstdriver, 

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this. 

Can I ask that you try these steps if you have not already done so:

1. Turn Bluetooth off on your iPhone or iPad
  2. Turn Bluetooth on on your iPhone or iPad
  3. Press the card reader's Bluetooth button until the Bluetooth icon starts to blink rapidly
  4. Wait 5-10 seconds
  5. On your iPhone or iPad, click the information icon to the right of the card reader under “My Devices" and select “Forget This Device"
  6. Quickly re-select the same device from the “Other Devices” section below
  7. The card reader should now be paired with a “Connected” status

Let us know how you get on,

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi dbstdriver, 

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this. 

Can I ask that you try these steps if you have not already done so:

1. Turn Bluetooth off on your iPhone or iPad
  2. Turn Bluetooth on on your iPhone or iPad
  3. Press the card reader's Bluetooth button until the Bluetooth icon starts to blink rapidly
  4. Wait 5-10 seconds
  5. On your iPhone or iPad, click the information icon to the right of the card reader under “My Devices" and select “Forget This Device"
  6. Quickly re-select the same device from the “Other Devices” section below
  7. The card reader should now be paired with a “Connected” status

Let us know how you get on,

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

dbstdriver
Contributor
Contributor
Hi,, tried this several times and my iPhone does not even see the reader let alone connect to it. All my other Bluetooth devices are working correctly since the IOS updates. I have also tried pairing with my iPad also on IOS 9 and the iPad also does not find the card reader Regards Dave
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Dbstdriver,

Thanks for reaching out regarding this.

Can you please tell me if you have tried this with an Android device to see if it may be an issue with the iOS connectivity and your device?

If you are still experiencing difficulties, can you please try calling our PayPal Here team directly on <removed> or <removed> and they can assist you further.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.