Buying goods that prove to be faulty after a short period of time.

gdr1944
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a pair of cord jeans about six months ago. I have worn them three times and cleaned them once. They have now proved to be defective as the surface of the material has come away in a number of places leaving bald patches. The seller will do nothing about it and paypal seem to agree with that.. When complaining to paypal I noticed that there was no provision made to dispute a transaction where shody goods were involved., only if they were not as described.  Under the Sale of Goods Act, an item must be of merchantable quality and last a reasonable length of time.  I do not consider that 6 months for a pair of trousers to be a reasonable length of time. Yet paypal seem to disagree.

Anyone out there got any sugestions or advise. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gdr1944

Paypal offer you recompense on ''items received but not as described'' OR ''not received'' > UP TO 180 days post payment.

The rest is between you and the seller and if the seller is not interested then you have the option of the small claims court.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.