can't get the paypal here App to work on my Samsung galaxy s3

damo1973
New Community Member
This may have been posted elsewhere so I apologize in advance.... I have ordered my card reader and have downloaded the here application to my Samsung s3 running 4.3 I can not for love nor money log into the application yet I can pair my device. Is there a compatibility issue as I needed to use the reader today and now stuck unable to take payments. All I get is a message "unable to log in please try again later" All my details are correct and I have also tried logging in with my Mobile and a pin Help!!!!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_david

Hi there Damo1973,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are experiencing difficulties with your PayPal Here card reader, you should try contacting customer services directly and we can get this investigated.

You have a few options when trying to contact customer services. You can call or send an email through the Contact Us page on PayPal. You can also contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can assist you with any queries that you have.

David.

Login to Me Too

felicitybowers
New Community Member

I am having the same issue - I tried clicking the link "Contact Us" and was told " this page does not exist" !! Hoping for some help on this, having just spent nearly £50 on a card reader that is , at present, useless.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Fame with Android Jellybean.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi felicitybowers,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Thank you for raising this concern to us.

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't use the PayPal card reader. I also would like to apologise you for not working link in the previous message - it has been corrected now.

I can see that you have reached out to us via Facebook. We are now looking into your query and will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your patience.

I hope this issue will be resolved very soon.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Peter67
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having the same problems with the app on a Samsung Galaxy S4. It seems to be a common problem going back months, I feel that I have been conned and if this problem cannot be solved it should be mention on the website. I will be returning th chip and pin reader and will remind my money back if this is not resolved soon

Login to Me Too

Peter67
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately your option of using 'contact us' is not useful as the answers given are worse than useless. Please at least credit us Sith the intelligence to actually check you compatibility stats before downloading the app!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Peter67,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

This sounds frustrating, I can see that you have also contacted us through Twitter and we have reached out to you directly!  

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

MoberlyArtDept
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal customer service confirmed that their latest update BROKE PayPal Here on Galaxy S3's.

The workaround (which does not always work) is

• Turn off GPS

• Uninstall App

• Reinstall App

• Turn GPS back on

Needless to say, making customers stand around for 5 minutes while I do all this is beyond frustrating to me and them.

Needs to get fixed now. Very unprofessional to have to **bleep** around with this while customer is trying to get on with their business.

Login to Me Too

MoberlyArtDept
Contributor
Contributor

The censored word was "s c rew" not sure why PayPal would sensor that from my post.

Login to Me Too

Andy18
Contributor
Contributor

Late reply and not very relevant, but might help someone as I struggled to find a compatible device. After trying numerous phones/tablets I finally tryed an ASUS ZenPad C 7.0 (Z170CG) which works perfectly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.