Using PayPal Check-in

PayPal_Siobhán

With PayPal Here, you can use check-in to let millions of PayPal customers pay you quickly using only their phone – no cards required. Your business details will appear automatically in the Local section of customers’ PayPal apps, which means that you’re advertising your business to thousands of local PayPal users.

Using PayPal Check-in.

1. First, you need to upload a logo for your business. You can do this via the PayPal Here app by tapping the menu on the left and then your business name. Once your business info displays, you can tap in the logo and add an image for your business.
  2. Enable PayPal Check-in for your business. You can do this by tapping the check-in icon on the top right of the charge screen and then tapping on the “Allow PayPal check-in” button.
  3. Make sure your customers have the PayPal app installed on their mobile device.
  4. Then they can check into your business via the PayPal app and ask to pay with PayPal.
  5. Tap the check-in icon to see a list of checked in customers then select your customer from the list.
  6. When you are happy with the total amount to be paid, tap Charge.
  7. Once payment has been completed, your customer will receive an email confirmation.

To see the status of PayPal check-in, or to disable it, tap the check-in icon on the top right of the charge screen.

Note: there is a transaction limit of £150 for payments made via PayPal check-in.

PayPal Here Check In.jpg

Go to http://www.paypal.co.uk/here/howto for more information

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

NatureHeals
Contributor
Contributor

what are the fees for check-in? THe same as chip and pin or the higher slidign scale rates +20P?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi NatureHeals, 

The check in fee would be the same as the chip and pin fee so  in general 2.75% 

You can check this here under our Fee section https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/how-to-use-paypal-here 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

JohnPuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan,

Is there a way to get the PayPal Here app to automatically add the PayPal fees to the price.

e.g. a customer wants to pay me £10. I offer cash payment or by card with fee. When I tap in £10 the app adds the appropriate markup to cover the PayPal costs.

Can this be done or should I add a 3% option as a tip?  (but it's not a tip!)

Thanks

John

Login to Me Too

NatureHeals
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

not that I know of, this is something I would like as well. What we've done is to add a 'extra' credit card fee, three levels 1£, 1.50£ and 2£ so they get added manually unfortunately and just about cover the fees for different fixed charge levels of the services we offer

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi JohnPuk, 

Welcome to the community. 

As the receiving fee is the responsibility of the seller there is no feature available to pass this fee to the buyer I am afraid.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Tintreas
New Community Member

How often does the £150 check in limit reset? Or can I reset it manually?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Tintreas, 

So sorry for the delayed response. There is a transaction limit of £150 for payments made via PayPal check-in but this is a per transaction not an overall limit. 

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

kerniw24

No longer option to "check-in" 

As a business how to register to use "pay instore" and "order ahead" features in paypal app. 

A shame the check-in feature was removed for small business sellers in favour if offering a similar option to large chain stores, I'm sure getting paid by  paypal check-in was handy fur many sellers. 

Login to Me Too

Yiman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I down loaded paypal here app thinking it was pay pay (ordinary ) and now I'm inundated with emails for a card reader how do I cancel pay pal here account and change my ordinary paypal account to a personal account 

thanks as I can't find any info on help pages 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.