Software update for the paypal here card reader

mertilmoo
New Community Member

Hello there i have just brought a paypal here card reader from the apple shope and was all excited utill the update message came up but it wont do it. Im using an i phone 5 and the upadte wont insall. I just saysthere is a p2pe problem !!!! any help would be great as the phone wont pick up on paypal.

Mertilmoo

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

SCross
New Community Member

I had the same problem. I pressed the reset button on my Card reader and checked restore. I then refreshed my Ipad. Then connected the Bluetooth and the card reader recommended the update.  After I did all that the reader was back to working correctly.

Good luck with solving the problem hope my input helped. 

Login to Me Too

D3sm77
New Community Member
A better way to update would be using a computer I've left this thing all night and even all day nothing even same luck with most update version I'm really about to throw it at the wall.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi D3sm77,

We are sorry to hear you have had this experience. 

If you have tried all of the steps mentioned above and are still experiencing issues we would suggest reaching out to the PayPal Here team directly to have this looked into, you can call us on<removed> or <removed> or email us at <removed> .

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Hazza5

Hi there. I get a software update message every time. When I finally have the app open after having to apply for paypal here everytime I open the app, I do not have an option to update the software. I can not find the reader back on the paypal app.

The app just opens on the web page from paypal.  I have un-installed and re-installed, re-booted the swipe reader with the paperclip. I am trying to connect to an iPad mini2. I have set the bluetooth setting to connect to Paypal 362.  The reader keeps asking to open the app whilst it is open and alternates to update software and back. Anybody with suggestions??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Hazza5,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this, can you try to go to your iPad bluetooth settings and 'forget' PayPal Here.

Please then remove and re-install the app, we would also suggest a factory re-set with the reader and attempting to pair this again. Let us know how you get on,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

jatcee43
Contributor
Contributor
After 5 unsuccsessful attempts to update the card reader software, I finally succeeded. I factory reset the reader, then I removed all paired Bluetooth device settings from the android phone. Then re-paired with the Paypal Here Bluetooth reader and followed the download instructions after invoking the Paypal Here app. Other active Bluetooth Devices talking to the Phone such as a handsfree really **bleep** up the update process.
Login to Me Too

aussie21
Contributor
Contributor

we have been unable to download an update  to date we have done what paypal tell us to do and we have used 3 different internet providers and 2 different phones and we are still not able to download this update, the card reader is usless to us and at a recent show we lost in excess of £1300 in card sales where people simply did not have the cast to pay,Ppay pals answer is to go out and but a 4g phone i think this is totaly unaceptable for paypal to tell us to do this just to download an update the card reader may as well go in the bin and i am looking at other providers and i will be telling everyone i know not to bother with these card readers

Login to Me Too

timnew1111
New Community Member

Being a designer and engineer owning several patents I'm always amazed when companies as large as Paypal hire remedial designers hat make eroneus mistakes when designing a very important product like the blue tooth credit card readers. Or even the original slider that is anothet huge design failer.

Bluetooth Mistakes... I haven't even used it yet.

1. To light weight and cheaply made.

2. Sliding on the top instead of the side... Does ergonomics mean anything to these amateurs.

3. Where should we put the charging connection... Duh how about in the way of the ill thought out slider... so when trying to slide the most uncomfortable way we put the charging wire in the way??? Duh!!!

God I would almost change companies and go with square for the well made slider they make. It's only .05 mor expensive to use, but so much better.

C'mon guys put the sllder on the side where it belongs, put the charger on the bottom where it belongs!

Tim

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.