Screen rotation

discoverytdi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Just got my paypal here reader and was surprised that there is no auto screen rotation facility. I would suggest in the next upgrade this is implemented trying to login or do anything with the keyboard locked in portrait is really hard going.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Siobhán

HI discoverytdi,

Welcome to the community. We appreciate the feedback and have just sent this to the PayPal Here product team.

Let us know if you need anything going forward,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Cwpkaybo
New Community Member

Obviously this issue has not been addressed as my app is stuck in landscape mode on my iPad but my docking station needs it to be portrait!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Cwpkaybo, 

If you wish to discuss this in detail best thing to do is reach out to our PayPal Here team directly. You can call us on <removed> <removed> or email us at <removed>.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

GeneJasper
Contributor
Contributor

Siobahn,

I don't imagine anyone wants to "discuss" the issue, and shouldn't you be able to just post a straight answer here in this forum?

Here we are 2 years after the question was first asked here, and as for me personally, I still can't get the PayPal business app to operate in landscape mode, on myself LG G pad X 10.1. 

What's the issue here?  I can't imagine it taking two years to add this functionality, so I'd like to know whether or not PayPal plans on addressing the issue of screen rotation or not???

I'd truly appreciate a simple yes, or no answer.  

Thank you kindly,

Gene

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DaveJR

Hi Gene,

PayPal apps on the android platform are designed to be used in portrait view. Some devices may rotate the view but this is done on the particular device and not through the app. The app is designed to stay in portrait mode at all times.

We really appreciate feedback on the app and I will pass this on again to our development team.

At this stage though all our apps are designed to work best in portrait mode.

DaveJR

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.