PayPal Here - app stuck on location services screen

flyguide
Contributor
Contributor
I wonder if somebody could help me with an App problem please. Signed up for PayPal Here today & downloaded app. My iPad is set to location services on and I have signed in with the PayPal Here App, entering email & password. However the App then just sticks on a screen asking me to close the app, turn on location services and relaunch. I have tried this multiple times, deleted & reinstalled the App 3 times but no joy. Running IOS8 Any help as to how I actually get the App started gratefully received or I have just wasted 49.95 on a reader! Many thanks.
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Have you contacted Tech Support?

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/home

Login to Me Too

flyguide
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have sent them a communication but added a post here in case any other PayPal customers may have experienced the same issue and possibly found a soluition.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi flyguide, 

Apologies for the delayed response. I have moved your post to the PayPal Here section which you may find helpful going forward.

Are you still experiencing issues? 

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

cmlorieb
New Community Member

I'm on Windows 8 and Paypal here keeps saying 'stuck on location'. I've tried many times and nothing works. Help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi cmlorieb,

Welcome to the community, are you still experiencing issues with this?

PayPal Here is only compatible with Windows 8.1 and upwards. It sounds like this is the issue here.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

MichaelCraig
Contributor
Contributor

We're having the same problem.  Everytime I move from one trade show location to another the login screen PayPal Here app keeps telling me turn on location services.  The only way I have been able to get it to work is to uninstall the program and reinstall from the the Google Store.  When doing so the system wants access to my location and of course I give it.  At this point we can log in just fine and it works all weekend.  Once we are at a new show and location the process of reinstallling must start again.  We are using a LG GPad 8.3 Verizon tablet.  I would imagine that there a better way to use PayPal Here??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi MichaelCraig, 

Apologies for the delay, we will be sure to pass this feedback to the PayPal Here team directly. Have you tried this with another device and are you still being asked for access to your location?

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

skattie22
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this is extremely frustrating.

It happens to me regularly using Samsung Galaxy A3 with Android 6.0.1, as soon as I click Charge, it says "PayPal Needs Your location"

Location is on, switch it off and on, back to Charge, "Paypal Needs Your Location" and round and round we go...sometimes, eventually, for no specific reason, and totally unpredictably, it suddenly starts working. This is infruriating.I'm using Paypal 2.8.1

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.