PayPal Here, UK technical problem?

bojje
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to get Paypal Here running but It has fallen at the first hurdle. I have down loaded the app. Next step is to log on!

All I get is an error massage saying ....Sorry we're having a technical problem and can't continue. try again later....Iv'e been trying 'again later every hour for 24 hours . Is the whole system down. Would it be like this if I was up and running. Does this happen often. Should I even bother to order the card reader? AND Thats the next ironic thing. It looks like I can only buy the card reader from the apple store. They don't take pay pal payments...What does that say!!!. Please put my mind at rest, someone? Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

barak666
Contributor
Contributor

I am having exactly the same problem - I have emailed Paypal and I'm waiting for a response.  I'm not going to order the reader if I cannot get the software to run.

Login to Me Too

bojje
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, At Least Im not going crazy, Im Also waiting for a reply and also not going to purchase unless the software works.

Login to Me Too

weareembroidery
New Community Member

I have just ordered the Paypal Here keypad.  Then downloaded the app...I am getting the technical problem message.  Rang the helpdesk this morning, they have no knowledge of a technical issue and will ring me back...that was 10am...I think it may be time to cancel my order!

Login to Me Too

bojje
Contributor
Contributor

Hi weareembriodery, This sounds like the same thing that happened to me. If you are not in a huge rush to get it up and running, it might be worth waiting a few days. I got no responce - Correction - No helpful responce from paypal help! I tried to get help via their email route and got given a string of questions to select from, non of which were exactly pin pointing the issue, then got a responce to the question that i had selected.  This was no help, HOWEVER,  a day or so later, after trying the app every few hours it suddenly worked and has ever since. No one from paypal has told me this but I suspect they need time to alter your paypal account so that they can put a hold on an amount of your balance, this safe guards them and you from having in sufficient funds to cover any refunds that you may have to make on any card transactions. SO, to cut a long story short, just  wait a few days and a bet you it will be up and running. Hope this helps. What do you embroider anyhow? {:@)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi bojje, 

Welcome to the community forum. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, we appreciate your feedback and are here to  help if you need anything going forward! 

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Mia84
Contributor
Contributor

Has this problem you are talking about been resolved? I have recently upgraded to a business account and have had technical problems with my account since the 23rd of June. I have called Paypal twice and sent several emails. I have sent detailed descriptions of my problem and they have not come back to me with an answer. I have ordered and received the card reader but have reservations about using it if this is the kind of service I can expect from PayPal. Not sure I can trust the card reader to begin with, never mind trust PayPal to sort it out if it doesn't work. If anybody else could share their experience it would help me make an informed decision.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Mia84,

Welcome to the community. 

Please let us know if you are experiencing any specific issues with PayPal Here and we will do our best to help. We also have a dedicated support team for PayPal Here available on <removed>  or <removed> or by email at <removed>.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi weareembroidery, 

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues, we'd like to help!

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Mia84
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan

I have escalated my problems with the website several times and still it has not been sorted out. I cannot use my Paypal Here card reader because I am told "card reader removed" and "unable to connect". I have gone through all the trouble shooting and nothing happens. Shall I just send it back seeing that Paypal is not doing anything to fix the problem?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.