Login Issues - 3 Network

coulterj
Contributor
Contributor
Tried to use the PayPal Here app for the first time at a photography event last night. I paired the card reader with my phone and updated the firmware before leaving home. At the venue I had a 3G signal, but no wifi. On trying to login to the app, I got 'login failed - a server with the specified host name could not be found' I called customer service and was asked if I was on the 3 mobile network, which I am. Was told that there is an issue with 3 not being able to connect to PayPal's servers. Was also told that it is intermittent but PayPal can't do anything about it. Tying to login from home now over 3G and getting the same message. If I'd known of these issues beforehand I could have done something about it, maybe bout a PAYG sim from another network. Disappointed in Paypal's lack of information on this. Also where can I find out more about this issue from 3?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Sgtash, @coulterj & @SimnixSoftware 

Thank you for reaching out, we have identified the issue and believe it to now be resolved, please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Siobhan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

SimnixSoftware
New Community Member

I am also having issues logging-in over my 3 network, I can login over wifi but, wifi isn't everywhere, this defetes the issue of being able to take payment anywhere with the PayPal Here card reader. I go out to people home fix there computer problems. I need to be able to login without wifi, not everyone has wifi.

When is this bug going to be fixed?

Login to Me Too

Sgtash
New Community Member

Been on to customer support regarding this at the weekend and again today they are stating its due to an upgrade in the 3G network, the advisor was saying its not their issue but the networks having spoken to my mobile provider they have stated that no upgrade to the 3g network was carried out.

This is causing major issues as my company attends events in locations where there is no wifi signal, so again today we will be loosing income due to not being able to take card payments.

This needs sorting its peak trading and suffering.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Sgtash, @coulterj & @SimnixSoftware 

Thank you for reaching out, we have identified the issue and believe it to now be resolved, please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

coulterj
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Siobhan I have just tested this over 3G now and can confirm the app is working as expected. Thanks very much.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.