Location Needed before payment.

skinhead
Contributor
Contributor

Over the last few days myself and other users of PPH have had some pretty hidious problems When we log in and start accepting payments the App keeps asking the location for security despite it asking for it only the other day. It was just not me, there were other people I know who keep getting this message and it appears to of happened in the last week or so following an PPH update.

Also for those of us who work in railway arches will nill access to sunlight or windows this can be a mega problem with the App asking for your location. Now the problem we have is that if you lose the connection to the WiFi due to the size of the arch when you go outside and try and confirm location you lose the connection! So you get stuck in this conundrum of no Wifi or no Location! Having lost a few thousand pounds over this I called PPH and first spoke to someone who was totally clueless and no idea what I was asking. Then I called someone else yesterday and got a better response and PP stated there had been problems with the location service. I get the impression after looking at my account he must of disabled the bit that asks for location and it all worked again. I hasten to add PPH App asks us for the location even if you went from one end of the arch to the other! 

The crux of the issue here is that it is clear if you are in the UK by your IP address or WiFi location so the whole location ask is pointless. This is also compounded by if your tablet is just a tablet and does not have 4G or 3G. Even GPS can be a problem in London. PPH should contract it's users to ensure that they are in the UK and dump this antiquated location service. 

On the whole PPH works well and we have a turnover of £40k+ and we most on PPH. But we will have to reconsider this if the problem persists. I was also told a load of rubbish by staff at PPH and they said it was a tablet issue which it is not as I have tried it on both Android and I-Pad. Also when you offer to want to develop PPH to be intergrated with my IWS250 Bluetooth PDQ it just falls on death ears.....

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.