I want to use barcodes within Paypal Here HELP

caszkinscr8
Contributor
Contributor

I generated my own barcodes (PDF 417) on my Dymo label printer, I link the barcode with my items in my app without an issue.  The issue comes when I scan that same barcode when making a sale and it says ADD NEW ITEM, I add an item and it says barcode is with another item.

Tech support says you cannot use self generated barcodes and have to use a third party generator, does anyone know how to help me with this issue? Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

VFMC
Contributor
Contributor

I too would like to use Barcodes for some merchandise.  

I have found that if I scan the barcode in rather than type the numbers when adding the item to my item list, it doesn't give me the "Add New" when doing a new sale..

My question is, why doesn't the iPhone app have the barcode functionality like the iPad does?  My iPhone has a better camera than my iPad, should work fine.  But, I don't see an option to use it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there. 

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this. 

You can find more information about setting up product lists and barcodes in our FAQ's page here https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/how-to-use-paypal-here/taking-payments

David.

Login to Me Too

VFMC
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I didn't see anything in there about an option to scan barcodes using my phone and PayPal HERE.

I know I can with my iPad PayPal HERE ap, but not seeing the same option on my iPhone.
Login to Me Too

UrbanSoule
New Community Member

Will iPhone Users have the barcode option integrated into PayPal Here anytime soon?  It would be very nice to be able to use it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.