Help me please!!

Jess_McDonough
New Community Member

I recently purchased the Paypal Here card reader. I received the reader two weeks ago and downloaded the app but when I tried to log in and set it up I was unable to continue as Paypal required additional documents to verify my identity. I had recently uploaded various documentation to Paypal because I was married in August and changed address, this documentation was accepted by Paypal and the information was updated on my account. When I called the Paypal helpline initially (28/11/15) for help regarding the setup of my card reader the gentleman I spoke to advised me that I wasn't required to upload any additional information, and that he would forward what was necessary to the correct department. He assured me that this would have cleared by Wednesday just gone (2/12/15). However, after trying and failing again yesterday, being prompted for additional documents when I attempted to log into the Paypal Here app, I called the helpline again. A lady acknowledged that I had waited longer than the 72 hour period for the process to be completed and said that she would ensure it was dealt with. I explained that I'd purchased the card reader for a craft fair I would be doing this weekend (5/12/15) for which I would need to be able to take payments.

It is now Thursday evening, I have waited all day for the confirmation email I was told would arrive and it hasn't. I still cannot log into the app and set up my card reader. I understand that Paypal must be incredibly busy at this time of year but I am becoming concerned that my card reader is not going to be set up by the weekend. I purchased it plenty of time in advance, I believed, to have it up and running by this weekend. The reason I opted to buy the device from Paypal was because it was advertised as a quick and easy payment solution.

This is now beginning to cause me some anxiety. Please advise me on what I can do to help you get my card reader working.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Anna

Hi Jess_McDonough,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m very sorry to hear about the challenges. Have you managed to get the issue resolved for you yet?

Regrettably we can’t see your account details here, I would recommend you contacting us via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it will get resolved soon.

Anna

Login to Me Too

ukparkland
New Community Member

hi i had the same problem also called and told additional docs not required as recieving limit was good enough for me

after 2 months i gave up trying so my card reader is collecting dust if anybody wants it cheap contact me

i too thought it would be easy and fast to setup but this is not the case due to paypal requirements to get account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.