Cannot use the Paypal Here device, app or even the account for no fathomable reason

BronwenMackay
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks in advance if you can please help me:

I set up a Paypal account in September, got it verified etc etc, bought a Paypal Here reader, downloaded the app and tried to sign in only to be encounter the following (error) message:

"We are sorry.  Based on the information you provided, you're not eligible for Paypal Here right now." with nothing more than a blue [Done] button (which takes you back to the sign in page).

Been on hold for an hour...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi BronwenMackay, 

Thanks for the update and I am sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. I will of course pass all of your feedback on, especially with regard to the approval process as this should not be the case. If you do ever need to contact us directly you can contact us You can contact us by phone or email by clicking on the help&contact link at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also contact us on Facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter @AskPayPal.

Thanks again for the update and the feedback. Appreciate it 🙂 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_paula

Hi BronwenMackay and welcome, 

Sorry to see that you did not receive any responses to your post. It sounds like your account was not approved for PayPal Here. As this was sometime ago I am hoping it has been resolved for you. If not you can contact our PayPal Here team on <removed> <removed> between 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM Monday through Friday and from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM on weekends or just email us on<removed>.

I hope this helps and thanks for posting,

Paula 

Login to Me Too

BronwenMackay
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for the reply, even if only to acknowledge this posting.

Yes, I was on hold for an hour, got no where, phoned back (the numbers you cited, I believe?) pretty much every day for a week only to be misinformed by everyone and then have the last person tell me that the problem was that the checks had actually not yet concluded as per everyone's previous claims.  This person also claimed that I'd have to wait another week as their colleagues had misled me, but received the green light within two hours of my latest phonecall that week.

So, no-  it does NOT mean that my account "was not approved".  It means that the interface was misleading in suggesting that I was not eligible, and that the approval process was just not yet complete.

Bad, BAD user experience all around.  To have the site not function correctly (missing information, lack of trackability of process, and inappropriate boilerplate) is one thing.  But to be fobbed off with misinformation by all and sundry day in day out is beyond the pale.  Particularly when this misinformation is clearly made up on the spot by people who do not actually know what, exactly, is going on.

In summary:  product is actually great, the website, however, is buggy, but customer service is appalling.  I worry that I might need to phone again one day, with a serious matter involving monies of mine...

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi BronwenMackay, 

Thanks for the update and I am sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. I will of course pass all of your feedback on, especially with regard to the approval process as this should not be the case. If you do ever need to contact us directly you can contact us You can contact us by phone or email by clicking on the help&contact link at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also contact us on Facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter @AskPayPal.

Thanks again for the update and the feedback. Appreciate it 🙂 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

BronwenMackay
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the support.  It's much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

You are very welcome BronwenMackay. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.