problem with paypal standard button

quadgames
Contributor
Contributor

hello i'm using wordpress with the woocommerce plugin, i have just setup two payments paypal express and paypal standard, i have added the second one to let people pay with credit card if they don't have a paypal account.

when i'm testing the buy process i can't get to the paypal gateway, i always get this error: "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

i tried to find it on google and i found some articles in the paypal community, but i can't fix the issue.

here is the log received from my woocommerce paypal buttom

:authority:www.paypal.com

paypal.jpg

i have attached the rest of the log into an image, because the forum didn't let me paste it.

any help will be very useful; thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

MTS_Ciaran

I suspect this was related to the WPS issue around the image_url parameter. That issue was fixed earlier today so you should not be seeing any further errors if it was related. 

If youre still seeing the error please let me know. 

Login to Me Too

quadgames
Contributor
Contributor

hello, i'm still having the same error. 

any help will be very usefull to fix this.

Login to Me Too

quadgames
Contributor
Contributor

i'm still geting this issue when i press the standard button on the checkout.

i need help on this.

thank you.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

can you please post the button code and we'll check it out. 

Login to Me Too

pokolbinguy
New Community Member

Hi Paypal,

I am having, what I assume, is the same issue.

My paypal checkout was working previously but now no matter what I try do in the Wordpress WooCommerce back end I continue to get the error that reads "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

My website is www.woodwardswines.com.au

How can I make the 'PayPal Standard' work again?

Cheers, Brett

error.jpg

Login to Me Too

SASSY53
New Community Member

I am getting the same problem..i order then  I get to go pay pal checkout click on pay pal goes to securely login you in log in all ok then when I normally get the options on how I want to pay it keeps flashing and then brings up the error of sorry it doesn't seem to be working return to the merchant phoned pay pal  7.04.19 they said try asking merchant to send invoice why have pay pal buttons when you cant use them its only recently I have had this problem even with  the repeat orders  from previous web sites that I had no problem   no problem with ordering from  merchants whom I have been using for a few years now..very frustrated

Login to Me Too

madfcat
Contributor
Contributor

I've got nearly the same issue. PayPal Shopping Cart and Buy Now buttons stopped to work. And I get the same error screen as mentioned above.
It happens when you click Create an account.

Login to Me Too

OKI_a

I have the same problem. How did you manage to resolve it?

Login to Me Too

madfcat
Contributor
Contributor

After wasting two weeks between the PayPal support and PayPal tech support. I was given advice to solve my problem on the phone.
The phone support suggested me starting Corporate Account. And my guess in the very first message was about the type of my account. Just wasted 2 weeks writing, making screenshots and uploading info to the ticket... It's quite limited in terms of upload. Pain! 😞

I've decided to stop using PayPal on my website. It's inconvenient.

The support works with the snail's pace and uses common default answers. PayPal is good when it works. But one day you can find this surprise. And you won't know how many client's you've already lost.

There are a lot of alternatives.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.