encrypted form sandbox 500 error since beginning of April

josh-dev
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am developing a paypal form that submits an encrypted form/button signed by my private key and the paypal public key.

It has all been working fine for a long time until approx. the beginning of April when I now receive a 500 error when submitting to the paypal sandbox.

I have tried creating new sandbox business accounts; changing the encryption and the values that the form sends – but I still keep getting the error.

Is this related to the recent changes on the 29th March ? It is quite hard to debug as I cannot see any obvious errors or changes on my app or server – and I obviously can’t see the weblogs from the papal side to see what the issue may be.

Please let me know if there are any issues with the sandbox site and encrypted buttons.

Kind regards Josh

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

CiaranK
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am having exactly the same problem and logged a support request on www.paypal-techsupport.com. They replied that it is a known problem and being worked on, but he couldn't provide an ETA for resolution of the issue. I advise you to log a case as the more people that complain the faster it will be resolved.

C

Login to Me Too

CiaranK
Contributor
Contributor
Here is his reply:

Hello,

Apologies for any inconvenience, we are aware of this issue and our engineers are actively working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Once they have reverted back and advised the issue has been resolved, I'll ensure to update you via this medium.

At the moment, I cannot provide an ETA for the anticipated resolution of this issue.

Again, apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Kind Regards
Justin
MTS
Login to Me Too

swebdesign
Contributor
Contributor

is this a known issue only for the sandbox because our LIVE clients are getting it randomly too.

Login to Me Too

vanfanel
New Community Member

Hello,

I am having exactly the same problem ; do you have any update from paypal tech support?

I tried to create a new entry on www.paypal-techsupport.com as you suggested but did not find how to create one...

Thanks,

Fabrice

Login to Me Too

CiaranK
Contributor
Contributor

Still no update, I logged the case 5 days ago and the problem has been ongoing for over 2 weeks now. Very poor performance from Paypal for a service we pay for.

Login to Me Too

agentfitz
New Community Member

I am also seeing this issue, which is causing a major interruption to progress on a PayPal integration I am working on. I have submitted my own ticket but wanted to comment on this thread as well. Thanks OP for creating it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.