Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

MTS_Nacho

@Troubadour_PT Your code looks fine. However, I can see you are using a text field in your own site to ask the buyers for the amount to be paid.

Please make sure that the buyers won't be able to enter amounts that PayPal may consisder incorrect. Some of the most frequent mistakes:

- Thousands separator can't be used.

- There must be only two decimal points (ie: 12.34).

- Currency symbol must NOT be included.

- Entering "not a number" values.

Login to Me Too

JSigma
New Community Member

We have received the warning emails, but when I test our site I only get the new PP interface.

I am not using any PP buttons, I build the link using ASP Classic based on the customers selections. Because the links are only available to users after they have logged in I am not sure how to share a link to be evaluated.

Any help or confirmation that there is not an actual problem would be appreciated

Login to Me Too

MTS_Nacho

@JSigma I can't see any instance of invalid variables recorded in your account for the last few weeks, so this is a good sign that everything is currently working fine.

There were around 5-6 invalid attempts at the end of February, but they are too old to check the exact parameters received.

Login to Me Too

veranosoft
New Community Member

I am recieving the March 29th warning message when I log into my PayPal account.  However, I have tested all of my PayPal buttons and all of the buttons forward to the correct web page indicating that I do not have a problem.  therefore, can you please check the logs to see what exactly is failing?

http://www.veranosoft.com/Purchase-Categorize-Plus.html

Thanks!

Jon

Login to Me Too

UserN10
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

we got the warning last month so we updated the code few weeks back. Can someone please confirm that the code is functioning properly in past +10 days? Thanks a lot, appreciated.

Login to Me Too

fabricfriends
New Community Member

Hello, it would help a lot if someone would be able to check out our site and validate as well that we're not experiencing anymore issues with the new update coming tomorrow.

We have received this message about IPN notifications for the last few months or so. We took our web site off of WPS and moved strictly to Express, hoping that would fix some things. We still see the message as of a few days ago, but every time someone checks out through our site they are directed to the new PayPal payment page, not the old one. We called PayPal customer support and they said there's still something on our end that may be causing some issues?

We're web site competent, not necessarily web site savvy so it might be a little above us to find this information in our PHP or coding. Here is our web site: https://www.fabricfriendsdolls.com

If anyone can let us know if we're in the clear or if there's still work to be done, and what/where exactly, we would appreicate that immensely. Thank you.

-Marc

Web site maintenance / Fabric Friends

-Iris
Owner / Fabric Friends

Login to Me Too

MTS_Nacho

@veranosoft Your button seems to be OK, and I can't find any instances of incorrect parameters sent from your account since back in January.

@UserN10 From our side everything looks OK with your account (assuming it is the same PayPal account you use to Log In here).

Login to Me Too

MTS_Nacho

@fabricfriends If you are using solely Express Checkout in your web integration, this change won't affect you.

I have checked your account, and I can't see any instances of incorrect PayPal Standard parameters since back in 2016.

Login to Me Too

DAVIDJ001
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my website is programmed in coldfusion, and sure enough my link has stopped working properly.

Can anyone tell me if I can change/remove anything from the code below to fix my issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

<td><br><form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
<input type="hidden" name="upload" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="David@xxxxxxxxxxxxx">
<input type="hidden" name="amount_1" value="#DollarFormat(order_total)#">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name_1" value="xxxxxxxxxxx - #ID#">

Login to Me Too

DAVIDJ001
Contributor
Contributor

Nevermind....figured it out/resolved it myself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.