Update HTML buttons - but mine show differ landing page than shown in the examples

Regiment56
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Per PayPal's notification that some of our html buttons need updating, I went through all of them and couldn't find any that led to the "Old PayPal Checkout" example as shown. 

BUT - I have a few buttons that lead to different landing pages that do NOT look like the "old" OR the "new" examples.

Question 1: Can anyone tell me if these shown here are ok? 

Question 2: Will the notifcation when we login stop once all of our buttons are updated? 

Question 3: If there's a rogue button someplace we can't find, will our other donation buttons sitll work?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Rick

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 10.15.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-08 at 10.14.41 AM.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Nacho

@Regiment56 Unfortunately, I can't see the pictures you attached, not sure if they were saved correctly.

Checking your account, I can find about 6 payment attempts flagged as containing incorrect variables.

These were some of the parameters sent to us in one of them:

(...)

cmd=_xclick
business=***
no_shipping=1
no_note=1
currency_code=USD
lc=US
bn=PP-BuyNowBF
item_number=Kendall Kern
amount=1,125.00

(...)

The problem in this case is caused by the comma in the "amount" variable. It should be "amount=1125.00"

Login to Me Too

Regiment56
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me! 

We're using html code to have the customer enter the amount which gets sent to PayPal. Is it possible to make that code only accept numeric values? 

I assume the 6 errors are all the same thing. 

Rick

Login to Me Too

MTS_Nacho

If you are letting the customers to input the amount, we would recommend to validate the data before sending it to PayPal (ie: no currency symbol, no commas, only two decimal points).

For that you could use JavaScript validation:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2227370/currency-validation

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18204390/how-to-validate-a-currency-input

Alternatively, you could just display a message to the buyers asking them to enter the amount in the correct format. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.