Upcoming Change to PayPal Subscriptions

MTS_Ciaran

PayPal is making changes to the way Subscriptions are created, managed, and displayed. For additional information, see our article Why am I seeing changes to how Subscriptions are reflected?

Login to Me Too
98 REPLIES 98

MTS_Ciaran

@mikewz, Sure let me try 🙂

1 - Not yet, the sandbox does not have this code live yet. I can raise this with our development teams to see if they can push the change onto sandbox prior to the feature rollout. 

2 - No updates required to button code at this time for this change. 

3 - The official notification for this change can be found on our bulletin page here:

https://www.paypal-status.com/bulletin/production

Login to Me Too

ILL101
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Is this still scheduled to begin today, April 30, 2018? I'm still seeing subscriptions coming in with S- not I-. 

When exactly will this change take effect? 

Best,

Eran

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Hey, Change time has moved again to May 2nd. 

Login to Me Too

NSAU
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I've just tested our application and it looks like this change has been made in Production but not in Sandbox, which makes it very hard to test.

This change has brought the new user interface (which looks fantastic compared to the old one...well done!), but parts of it aren't working for me. If I click the PayPal Check out button on the first screen, following by logging into my PayPal account it works. However, if I click the "No PayPal account? Create one!" check out button OR click the PayPal check out button followed by "Pay with Debit or Credit Card", I get the following error:

The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details.

Is this a known issue? Any way to fix? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

@MTS_Ciaran - Was this changed rolled out yesterday? We are still seeing profiles in the S-XXXXXXXX format and not the new I-XXXXXXXX format. Also I could find no mention of the change at https://www.paypal-status.com/bulletin/production

If it has been postponed again please can you let us know when the new proposed implementation date is?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

No, postponed again unfortunately. The ramp now is expected to start on May 15th. 

Login to Me Too

ILL101
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Ciaran - Thank you for the update. It would be useful if you could update the event page with the new date as it still shows April 30, 2018. 

https://www.paypal-status.com/history/eventdetails/8180/

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Im on it 🙂 Requested this today. 

Login to Me Too

ronnien
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Ciaran - what is the status update on this? I am still seeing S- subscriptions and there hasn't been any updates on the paypal status page: https://www.paypal-status.com/history/eventdetails/8180

Login to Me Too

NSAU
Contributor
Contributor

@NSAU wrote:

Hello

I've just tested our application and it looks like this change has been made in Production but not in Sandbox, which makes it very hard to test.

This change has brought the new user interface (which looks fantastic compared to the old one...well done!), but parts of it aren't working for me. If I click the PayPal Check out button on the first screen, following by logging into my PayPal account it works. However, if I click the "No PayPal account? Create one!" check out button OR click the PayPal check out button followed by "Pay with Debit or Credit Card", I get the following error:

The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details.

Is this a known issue? Any way to fix? Thanks.

Looks like the error message has now been fixed and all is working as expected here. Sandbox still uses the old method though 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.