Unable to change sandbox return url

curlyculp
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to change my sandbox account's return URL, and if just won't take. It keeps returning to the active site's return. I open and save the Website settings repeatedly.

Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Can you elaborate on this a little bit please? Are you working with PayPal Standard buttons, Express Checkout APIs, or what exactly? When you say you're trying to change the account's return URL, are you doing this from the account profile? Are you including a return URL in the button / API request, which would override the profile setting? That's what I would check first.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

curlyculp
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal standard. Using a sandbox account. In the Website Preferences i've enabled auto return and PDT. And specified the return URL. I used the standard button builder and a saved button, and other than inserting a line of code for a "custom" field (which works fine) haven't modified anything else. I'm trying to change the original return URL on the website preferences page to test new code on my end. I haven't been sending the return token, and am trying to see if doing so benefits me. My biggest issue is the return is SO SLOW after a purchase that I have trouble getting my purchasers to wait.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Okay, so I have a few comments based on all of that.  First, it sounds like you may have set the Return URL in the saved button when you created it at PayPal.  This would override the PayPal account profile setting.  I would log in to the sandbox account, go to your Saved Buttons, and edit the button to verify that you are NOT including a return URL in the button options.

The lag time on the return back to the return URL with PayPal Standard is a common issue.  Depending on exactly why this is an issue for you, you have a couple of options.

1.  If the reason you need people back on your return URL is because you are updating your database, sending out email notifications, etc. then it's recommend you do that within Instant Payment Notification (IPN) instead.  This does not depend on the user making it back to your site, so your updates and notifications (or anything else you need to do with transaction data) will trigger there.

IPN also allows you to process things like e-checks when they clear, customer disputes, refunds, etc.  where no checkout / browser experience was involved.

2.  If you really want to make sure users ALWAYS make it back to your site no matter what, switch from PayPal Standard to Express Checkout.  I will still recommend utilizing IPN (or Webhooks if you go with the REST APIs) in this case as well, but Express Checkout requires that your app make the final API call to finalize the payment, so the whole experience has to come back through your Return URL as opposed to how Standard works.  

Express Checkout also gives you more options for forcing things like the Guest Checkout experience, so people without PayPal accounts can easily figure out how to pay with a credit card.

Specifically, you'll call SetExpressCheckout to begin the process and obtain a token, and then you'll redirec to PayPal.  The user logs in or enters CC details for guest checkout and clicks to continue, and are sent back to your site.  Here you call GetExpressCheckoutDetails to obtain all the information PayPal has about the buyer / order, and then you call DoExpressCheckoutPayment to finalize the payment.

If you  happen to be working with PHP this class library will make all of the Express Checkout API calls very simple for you.  If you're working in WordPress these options would be even easier.  

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Schatziiiii511
New Community Member
Ich kann beim Bezahlen kein Konto auswählen, obwohl sie mir angezeigt werden
Login to Me Too

Renate10
New Community Member

Ich habe reichlich Deckung auf mein Bankkonto 

aber dennoch kann ich hier noch nicht einmal kleinst Beträge senden an Freunde!

Ist zum Kotzen hier … Sorry 

Bei Gebürren und Abbuchungen sind die sehr Fix … da geht es sowas von zügig !!!!!!

Login to Me Too

robert12345
New Community Member
Ich wollte bei Sky X ein Paket abonnieren jedoch kann ich bei der Zahlung nur eine Kreditkarte angeben und nicht meine Bankomatkarte auswählen welche ich bei PayPal schon hinterlegt habe. Gibt es da eine Lösung?
Login to Me Too

remacho538

Hallo Arrox,

Ich hatte selbst auch schon einmal das problem gehabt. Dabei gibt es mehrere Faktoren die bei Abgelehnten Zahlungen mitspielen.

Zb. wie regelmäßig benutzt du den dein PP Konto.

Sind die Summen die du Zahlen willst unregelmäßig?

Auch die Ware die du kaufst kann unregelmäßig sein und abgelehnt werden.

Deine Bankverbindung zu bestätigen ist der mindeste Schritt den du tun kannst und hat meist bei abgelehnten Zahlungen keine Rolle zu spielen.

Es kann auch sein das du noch Zahlungen hast die in verarbeitung sind und dadurch neue Zahlungen abgelehnt werden.

Es kann auch sein das es in der Vergangenheit probleme mit dieser Bankverbindung gab und dadurch kein Vertrauen zu dieser Bankverbindung besteht.

Die beste lösung ist bei einem Zahlungsproblem Geld einzuzahlen und den Betrag den du Zahlen willst mit Guthaben zu lösen. Nachdem das passiert ist sollte es keine Probleme mehr mit Zahlungen geben.

Login to Me Too

HansMalinowski
New Community Member
Ich kann keine Zahlungen mehr vornehmen
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.