Subscription Rate Changing More than once / Line Items in Subscriptions? / Subscription Credits?

Smugz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We are looking to build a subscription based button where a user can click on a prebuilt button (unless easier done through API) that sets them up with a subscription with an upfront price, then monthly subscription fee.

The issue I am running into is we want to charge an upfront cost, say for hardware, and dependant on the type of support the purchaser chooses could require the user to pay for the first 6 months of support upfront. This leads to an issue however of resuming the normal payment schedule after 6 months.

I am hoping to do a billing schedule like this:

Month 1: 1050 Upfront ($400 Hardware + $600 6 months support + $50 Addon Software)

Month 2-6: $50 (Addon Software Monthly)

Month 7-60: $150 (1 Mo Support / 1 Mo Addon Software)

However currently the subscribe button only allows me to do something like this:

Month 1: 1050 Upfront ($400 Hardware + $600 6 months support + $50 Addon Software)

Month 2: $250 (Addon Software Monthly x 5 months)

Month 3-6: No bill

In addition to this question: Is it possible to split up subscriptions by line items and credit if need be.

Month 1: 

Line1: Hardware $400

Line2: Support x6 Mo $600

Line3: Addon Software $50

Month 2:

Line1: Support $100

Line2: Support Credit -$100

Line3: Addon Software $50

Month 7:

Line1: Support $100

Line2: Addon Software $50

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Andre

Hi, did you already built a PayPal button that allow you to do the below you posted? If yes can you share the code so I can have a look (cover eventual sensible data)?

Month 2: $250 (Addon Software Monthly x 5 months)

Month 3-6: No bill

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.