Site Problems with PayPal, Options and Buttons

chromacast
Contributor
Contributor

For kareprints.com, many users are now not able to purchase prints.   The amounts in the pull down menus for various sizes of prints were from the PayPal buttons - and those amounts do include $ for the option field.    Can someone help with troubleshooting why things are no longer working?   You can click on a print, choose a size and the see what PayPal does.  Thank you.   One user in the community mentioned having to turn off inventory - is this true?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

If you are sending a currency symbol or a comma in the "amount" value, the code will fail.   For example, if the amount value is $5,000.00, the code will fail however, if the value is 5000.00, it will work.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

I tested a couple of the buttons and it looks like they are passing extra, blank variables. e.g. &on1= &os1= 

Since this looks to be a hosted button, you would need to modify the buttons within the PayPal account to remove those variables. 

Login to Me Too

chromacast
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you; I removed the two hidden variables and on the test print (MOSCOW) it's working.

Darn, have to slog through all of the buttons which used to have " for inches and that seemed to also be a problem even tho I was using ;quot instead of ".

I will let you know if changing the buttons solves this.   Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.