Payment through _xclick button stopped working from yesterday to today

JonathanBB
Contributor
Contributor

We are using the regular _xclick from button to receive payments. From yesterday to today this has stopped working. When clicking on the PayPal button it forwards to a page saying that a system error occurred, please try again. The exact wording in German is:

Leider ist ein Systemfehler aufgetreten. Versuchen Sie es später noch einmal.

If I see correctly the translation to English would be: Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

We have been trying to reach the phone support for an hour and a half but do not get through. Any kind of information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Nodlehs1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JonathannBB, as this is nearly a month old and I have just started having this same problem, I am wondering if you got it sorted?

Login to Me Too

JonathanBB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Unfortunately I did not find out why this happened. The issue was gone after a few hours. It is very disappointing as nobody at PayPal responded and contact messages as well as phone calls to PayPal were not helpful. I am sorry to not have any better information for you.

Login to Me Too

Nodlehs1
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to telephone support and they escalated the problem as they could not fix it. That was 3 days ago and I'm still waiting! Thanks for your response.

Login to Me Too

JonathanBB
Contributor
Contributor

Out of interest, did you get any useful reply?

Login to Me Too

Nodlehs1
Contributor
Contributor

I found the response at Paypal very slow!!!! They came back and said that I had some extra pice of code on my website that was causing an issue. My web guys said there was no problem. PayPal set up a dummy product which worked for them and when I tried to use it, it added this product to others that I had previously tried to process  and I got the same fault. Howver when I removed these previous items from my list of products it worked for their test and seems to be working ever since! It took me a few days to figure this out for myself without much help from either PayPal or my web guys. I had to phone my customers and tell them to remove the items from their cart and it seemed to work for them also! Not sure where the faults lay though.....

Login to Me Too

JonathanBB
Contributor
Contributor

OK, thanks for the info and glad that it at least works now 😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.